TR3only
TR3only New Reader
3/23/09 11:55 a.m.

I wasn't actually looking for one of these, but today I ran across a Chrysler Sebring with the rare, V6, MANUAL 5 speed combo. It's an '03 LXi coupe (built off the Eclipse/Galant platform) and so it has the 3 liter Mitsu V6. I remember someone on here saying the 2.5 Mitsu V6 wasn't too great an engine and wondered if that holds for the bigger 3 liter.

My sister has a similar, tho 4 cylinder Sebring, and they seem like a decent DD.

Thoughts? Opinions? Chrysler 2.7 vs Mitsu 3 liter? rate the better powerplant.

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
3/23/09 11:57 a.m.

The Mitsu 3.0L is a pretty good engine, the 2.7L is a gigantic steaming pile that will explode if you give it a dirty look. I wouldn't wish one upon my worst enemy. The newer ones are better than the older ones, but none of them are good.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/23/09 12:27 p.m.

I had a customer when I was at Advance come in to get a timing set for his Dodge Intrepid 2.7L that had a timing tensioner failure. While in the store the tensioner in his Chrysler Concorde failed... Little did he realize that IF the tensioner fails you can not crank the engine or it will destroy the valves and pistons... Of course you can not tell they have failed until you crank the engine.

TR3only
TR3only New Reader
3/23/09 1:03 p.m.

I must have mis-read.....I'm going to go look at this Sebring. The only other "bug-a-boo" is a HUGE turning circle.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/23/09 1:28 p.m.

The Sebring sedans got the DOHC 2.7L

4g63t
4g63t Reader
3/23/09 2:53 p.m.

You know what I'm gonna say.....And I'd be right.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TOcmyPCLvbsfkbbK1Y84qnM54klVYK4bZhzqlnURLQOsCBC5kPLpPZxSSzor77eb