1 2 3 4
Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/30/16 11:42 a.m.

I thought the Focus ST was ludicrously powerful for a front wheel drive car, but this takes the cake for sure. At least they will put an LSD in this right?

Right?

Brian
Brian MegaDork
9/30/16 1:11 p.m.

I like it, although I want an AWD, non hybrid CR-Z, hopefully in Type R guise. Everything is in the corporate parts bin to do it. Hell, I'll take any gas CR-Z, if they ever make one.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UberDork
9/30/16 1:23 p.m.

I love it. It's so over the top!

How long before the triple exhaust tips trickle down to the Autozone "Tuner Aisle" crowd?

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
9/30/16 2:25 p.m.
Brian wrote: I like it, although I want an AWD, non hybrid CR-Z, hopefully in Type R guise. Everything is in the corporate parts bin to do it. Hell, I'll take any gas CR-Z, if they ever make one.

Supposedly a high performance 200 hp 1.5 turbo version will be at the Detroit 2017 show. The renderings I've seen look like an Acura version. Sweet.

In an earlier post I said yuck to the R. I think it'll be pretty good looking but just can't get past the weight. Or any other new car's weight.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UltraDork
10/1/16 9:08 p.m.

I don't understand car enthusiast.

"Honda only builds boring cars, they died in 2000." When's the last time you drove a newish Honda? Then they say they are going to build a CTR again for the states. "Stupid Ricer fanboi looks, I can't afford it, but damn will I let Honda know it's a POS as a potential consumer" Honda goes back to building pedestrian cars and then "Well looks like Honda left the game again, they died"

I love it, looks are no more over the top than an STI. I'm happy to see all these new tuner models coming out. I will agree the new Civic is getting HUGE but the 8th and 9th gen Si Civics are excellent FWD cars. The transmissions in those things are amazing too. I'm amazed the Fit has kept the same dimensions through three generations in the US.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/1/16 10:13 p.m.

maybe Honda needs to make a Fit-R?

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
10/1/16 11:11 p.m.

In reply to DirtyBird222:

Having owned a first gen and second gen fit WHILE owning my autox crx should me just how far they have deviated. My fit is ok, but it ain't fun. The crx is LEAGUES better than the crz I test drive.

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
10/2/16 7:34 a.m.

It's not that we dont want to support honda building enthusiast oriented cars at all, it's that a 350hp fwd car for $40k is stupid. If this thing was awd or rwd, everyone would be over the moon about it, especially if it wasn't such a derivative (imho ugly) design. If they really wanted to win the enthusiasts hearts, they'd be debuting the 2017 s4000 type r. Something like a f type only with lotus weight ethos and a 4.0 v8 that turns 10k rpm and takes the fight to bmw/ porsche for less money and with far superior reliability.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
10/2/16 4:31 p.m.

In reply to sesto elemento:

They have the parts bin for that too. They have a 3.5L v8 for Indy.

mattm
mattm GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/2/16 9:51 p.m.

Why are Honda and all of the Japanese and Korean manufacturers locked in a race to the ugliest design? Seriously, this is disturbing and there are no current vehicles from the aforementioned manufacturers that I would purchase. At least the German vehicles don't look like ass.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse Dork
10/2/16 10:00 p.m.

Why are they all locked into fwd. I mean, c'mon.... today's tech makes the "safety" of fwd useless. Switch over to everything being rwd or awd just like BMW and Mercedes.

mattm
mattm GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/2/16 10:22 p.m.
Trackmouse wrote: Why are they all locked into fwd. I mean, c'mon.... today's tech makes the "safety" of fwd useless. Switch over to everything being rwd or awd just like BMW and Mercedes.

I think the more important question is why are they all locked into crappy looking, crappy driving cars that happen to be FWD. At the prices that they charge I would take a RWD German every day and twice in Sunday. At least I won't be driving a rolling eyesore and the car will actually perform.

kanaric
kanaric Dork
10/2/16 10:41 p.m.
mattm wrote:
Trackmouse wrote: Why are they all locked into fwd. I mean, c'mon.... today's tech makes the "safety" of fwd useless. Switch over to everything being rwd or awd just like BMW and Mercedes.
I think the more important question is why are they all locked into crappy looking, crappy driving cars that happen to be FWD. At the prices that they charge I would take a RWD German every day and twice in Sunday. At least I won't be driving a rolling eyesore and the car will actually perform.

At the price this car is going to sell for I don't understand it at all. Why would anyone pick this over a STI, Golf R, or Focus RS?

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
10/3/16 5:47 a.m.
Chadeux wrote: Honda is hiring designers that used to work for Mattel apparently.

and that is a good thing.

That thing looks the buisness.

Just needs more cowbell

BA5
BA5 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/3/16 7:17 a.m.

I think it'll look much better in person and in a different color. Even though I've been liking the steel colors that car companies have been using, I'm not big on the 'brushed' finish. I've been seeing the new civics and accords in person and I think they're beautiful.

A friend and I also went to test drive a new hatch the other day (friend is actually in the market). It's a pretty great driving little car.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/3/16 7:42 a.m.
Harvey wrote: http://jalopnik.com/mother-of-god-the-next-honda-civic-type-r-looks-absolu-1787219883?rev=1475149097332&utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow This is looking like the Subaru WRX to me.

That, or possibly a Caliber with a chopped top. Beltline seems extremely high. (NO! Just because Dodge and Chevy did that doesn't mean it's a good idea)

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/3/16 8:17 a.m.

Because it's more efficient. Not only with power delivery, but with space as well.

Certainly, you were trolling, right?

Knurled
10/3/16 8:26 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac:

Americans were sold on FWD as being safer, not more efficient, lighter, or cheaper to produce.

slowride
slowride HalfDork
10/3/16 8:30 a.m.

I wonder how the rear visibility's going to be on that.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
10/3/16 9:05 a.m.

Again the Japanese are copying American designers........although now it's Honda pilfering from AMC design in the 70's.

Put the sake down Honda...... and please give is a hot fit without all the body-kit silliness.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/3/16 9:21 a.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin:

I wish we could get a Kia Rio hatch with the Forte Koupe 200hp engine and a 6 speed.

Knurled
10/3/16 9:22 a.m.
slowride wrote: I wonder how the rear visibility's going to be on that.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
10/3/16 9:47 a.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin:

We all can say a lot of positive things about you Joe, being stylish doesn't seem to be on that list.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
10/3/16 10:31 a.m.

^^ bite your tongue sir!

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
10/3/16 11:17 a.m.
Knurled wrote:
slowride wrote: I wonder how the rear visibility's going to be on that.

At first I didn't get that reference, but then I remembered: "Wattsa behind me... isn't important."

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0UaVxAe2FGrTLwz4DmeaMnnaMMyslO7xPiDUrGwXJihsyIFi5XCnbExRjieQJ67C