vwfreek
vwfreek New Reader
3/28/15 10:04 p.m.

Now I have to figure out what to do with it, since I can't afford a 190SL.

Hang it on the wall? Pull the 2.3 six out of my W110 230 fintail and swap in a '70s 2.3 four?

oldopelguy
oldopelguy SuperDork
3/29/15 12:13 a.m.

Does that bolt to a dual carb manifold or does it need two additional carbs to feed it? Awesome.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/15 5:53 a.m.

Wow, that's really cool!

tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
3/29/15 5:55 a.m.

Pretty sure the single carb is facing you and those studs up top bolt to the head or another piece of intake manifold.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
3/29/15 7:07 a.m.

You bought It right? I would not have closed the browser... Lol

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
3/29/15 7:15 a.m.

I am interested if you want to sell it. Been looking for one of those.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/15 7:20 a.m.

This just got even cooler...

vwfreek
vwfreek New Reader
3/29/15 9:21 a.m.

It bolts on in place of the sidedraft Solex carbs. Here's a good site with installation instructions: http://www.190slgroup.com/tech/judson/judson%20p1.htm

I know it's worth a lot more than I paid for it. Just not sure how much more. I did find an ebay auction that ended at $9000. Ebay 190SL Supercharger

vwfreek
vwfreek New Reader
3/29/15 10:37 a.m.

The supercharger has a Grassroots worthy story that goes with it. The guy's dad and uncle put the super charger and 190SL engine into a 1963 Studebaker station wagon. Then drove it from WI to CA and back. After that the uncle wanted his engine back, so the supercharger was put in a wood crate and stored in the garage for 40+ years.

Tim I have contacted you privately.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy SuperDork
3/29/15 12:59 p.m.

That single carb is a Holley, and there is a version of it that has a glass fuel bowl. I have a couple of them, and it is pretty cool.

Apis_Mellifera
Apis_Mellifera Reader
3/30/15 10:51 a.m.

I had one on an MG Midget. I paid $300 for it in the mid 90s. I agree, they run way too hot. Mine was loud as well. The carb is a Holley 1904. I still have the inverse oiler, which I constantly had to mess with to get enough oil, but not too much. I still have a 5 gallon bucket of the oil. I made vanes of delrin, which melted. George Folchi was using a phenolic material and although he sent some to me to try, I never used them. I turned the driven pulley down and went from 4 psi to 7. The car wasn't any faster with the supercharger and since the Midget was my DD with the heat, noise, and oil, I sold to a Spitfire guy for $400. In my experience, the Judson is not a practical or worthwhile addition to a car that sees any kind of real usage.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YGCjTGhhnczWNlgqBp6nHqxjdZM6HHxlqk0XZUV4x84shvkdk4QMvljBxb5BGOFb