1 2 3
Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/26/15 7:58 p.m.

I've been posting interesting cars I see in Manhattan to Instagram. One of the more bizarre ones was this Citroen perched atop a snow pile over the winter. It was clean except for the dusty coating of winter grime and seems to be used regularly.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
5/26/15 8:36 p.m.

Past several days I've passed by a cherry Astro van.

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
5/26/15 8:44 p.m.

My parents are that way. Everything they have, even their drivers, are in perfect like-new shape. They keep their garage somewhat climate controlled, some cars have double floor mats, they put towels on the seats if they put anything on them besides peoples, etc... Most of theirs aren't too lame, though. They may be old people, but they are car people. Or, they were. I think they're losing interest now.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Reader
5/26/15 10:58 p.m.

In reply to HiTempguy: I love A bodies. I LOOOOOOOOVE them. Too bad it wasn't a VR.

penultimeta
penultimeta New Reader
5/27/15 12:28 a.m.

My neighbor has 2 ultra clean Mercedes: w124 300e and a W123 300 turbo diesel. Neither of these cars are super rare, but these are so clean that I turn my head every time he drives by. It also helps that they're both my favorite color combinations for that respective model. w124 in green with tan and w123 in blue with grey.

penultimeta
penultimeta New Reader
5/27/15 12:30 a.m.

Also, with respect to the original post: pick up a cb7 accord now. They will never be cheaper and I think they'll be a classic(ish) honda in a few years.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
5/27/15 12:32 a.m.
penultimeta wrote: Also, with respect to the original post: pick up a cb7 accord now. They will never be cheaper and I think they'll be a classic(ish) honda in a few years.

They were SUPER popular with Latinos around here for quite some time. I still see them here and there, but they're definitely starting to finally die off.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Dork
5/27/15 7:11 a.m.
HiTempguy wrote: Blew my mind how clean it was. Eurosport baby!

A friend of mine hoards these GM A bodies. He has a Eurosport he's in the process of restoring- yes, restoring! Plus a Century and two Ols Cutlass Cierras, one a "highly optioned" car with sport gauges and short gears, 3300, power everything, optional rally fun pack, you name it. He's gotten me to the point where I'm always half on the look out for clean examples of these. Which you can almost always find for under $2k.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/15 7:48 a.m.

There is a Valiant 2-door in my neighborhood, dark brown with the black vinyl roof. Not the cool muscle-car version, the boring hub-cap version. It looks new, and that makes it kinda cool.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/27/15 7:58 a.m.

There's someone in my neck of the woods running around in a turd brown 80s century wagon. Its flawless. I want it bad.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
5/27/15 8:06 a.m.

A guy on another car board recently picked up a 1967 Pontiac Catalina station wagon that's an amazing survivor: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=773410 It wasn't that desirable a car for a long time, but wagons have come into their own.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
5/27/15 8:35 a.m.

Wagons are definitely coming back. For some reason, I want a late 60's Olds Vista Cruiser wagon with modern drivetrain, brakes, HVAC and suspension underneath; blue with blue vinyl interior would be perfect. Oh, and Torq Thrusts. Not the polished ones, the gray centers. But otherwise a lot like this.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/27/15 8:37 a.m.
HiTempguy wrote: Blew my mind how clean it was. Eurosport baby!

My wife used to have an Olds Cutlass of this generation that was driven by an old lady prior to her owning it. Really clean, had about 35k miles when we sold it in 2003. Kinda wish we had kept it. My wife worked in the city so she used it for going out of town not as a daily driver.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/27/15 10:24 p.m.

80s Mazda 626

Those really old (70s) civics and accords.

Wxdude10
Wxdude10 Reader
5/27/15 10:38 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Wagons are definitely coming back. For some reason, I want a late 60's Olds Vista Cruiser wagon with modern drivetrain, brakes, HVAC and suspension underneath; blue with blue vinyl interior would be perfect. Oh, and Torq Thrusts. Not the polished ones, the gray centers. But otherwise a lot like this.

+eleventybillion!!

I saw a gorgeous late 60s Vista Cruiser at a cruise night a few years ago. Yellow with black racing stripes and a black interior. I love wagons, but this was something else. A Vista Cruiser is one of my Bucket List cars done similar to yours.

Wxdude10
Wxdude10 Reader
5/27/15 10:49 p.m.

And here's a repost of some wagon goodness

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh New Reader
5/28/15 2:45 a.m.

And you guys laugh at my Fairmonts.

The_Jed
The_Jed UberDork
5/28/15 4:27 a.m.

My white Mark VII. Couldn't sell it to save my life.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
5/28/15 7:31 a.m.

The best Mercury Monarch [clarkson] ... in the world.[/clarkson]

photo IMG_26061_zpsa961762e.jpg

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
5/28/15 7:33 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: There is a Valiant 2-door in my neighborhood, dark brown with the black vinyl roof. Not the cool muscle-car version, the boring hub-cap version. It looks new, and that makes it kinda cool.

Apparently, I desire the undersireable. That's not just a two-door Valiant. That's a Scamp!

wspohn
wspohn HalfDork
5/28/15 12:24 p.m.

I love the guys that restore cars that will never be worth anywhere near what they have in it - intentionally, not the usual get in over your head and go over budget routine.

I've seen pristine Austin Cambridges and such, a snapshot from the past that wouldn't exist but for the owner's dedication.

The survivors are interesting too - garaged and rarely used. I had one with 30,000 km on it at the age of 46 years.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
5/28/15 12:34 p.m.

Last Friday I was rolling down the freeway and spotted an immaculate ~88 Cavalier wagon

It shined like new, factory hubcaps and all. I almost had to pull over to stop dry heaving after I realized that voice in my head was saying "I want that!"

beans
beans Dork
5/28/15 8:28 p.m.

Tell me where this Accord is and a price. Accords are incredibly good driving cars with a few basic upgrades.

dropstep
dropstep Reader
5/28/15 8:54 p.m.

we have an elderly woman that brings her accord in for service every 3 months. its the first one ive seen of that bodystyle in ohio without the honda rot in the quarter panels. its a 91 iirc.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Dork
5/28/15 9:32 p.m.
beans wrote: Tell me where this Accord is and a price. Accords are incredibly good driving cars with a few basic upgrades.

It was in a guy's front yard, but not for sale. ;-)

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DmdsRroDgUMB3S9QGvVebK2GBAyk0wjDaNCiNQCsaKhrGOsBmoOjfsi3BofgbRuD