miataman86
miataman86 Reader
8/6/12 12:19 a.m.

I'm looking on getting some coilover sleeves soon for my 91 Miata soon. Got some NEUSPEED 450 front/350 rear springs from a buddy that owns a race team and the bumpstops that came off of one of their SMs they run. I'll be running Bilstein HD shocks all the way around with the NB shock hats and I already have the Eibach sway bars installed. Working 40 hours a week, I'm like everyone else: I'm on a budget. What are some good choices for coilover sleeves that aren't gonna break the bank and won't cause my springs to sag or cause any bottoming out issues and will be good bang for the buck?

MCarp22
MCarp22 HalfDork
8/6/12 1:30 a.m.

When I did mine, i just used some cheap sleeves from ebay:

Photobucket

tr8todd
tr8todd Reader
8/6/12 5:20 a.m.

The ebay cheapies will work just fine, but if you want to step it up a little, Afco sleeves and adjusters are great. Speedway is a good source for them.

Caleb
Caleb New Reader
8/6/12 11:04 a.m.

Like every one else said just use ebay sleeves but if you want somthing a little nicer summit sells there house brand sleeves and qr1 sleeves aren't that expensive

miataman86
miataman86 Reader
8/6/12 2:08 p.m.

Thanks a bunch, guys. The owner if the race team that's supporting me said to look into the ebay coilovers as well. I looked and I really didn't have that much luck. I'll check out Speedway, Summit, etc. If you guys know of any eBay ones and would hit me up with a link, I'd appreciate it a lot. Just wish the Bilstein HD weren't so pricey ($275 after shipping n such) for 2 of them and that's WITH my team support! Already got the front 2, juat need the rear 2 and the coilover sleeves and I can then get it all together!

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/6/12 5:00 p.m.

I bought mine from Coleman racing when I did the Volvo's coilovers.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
8/6/12 5:31 p.m.

I like Ground Control sleeves for the fastening system.

Had them on 2 of my last 3 E30s.

miataman86
miataman86 Reader
8/6/12 10:56 p.m.

I found some from All-Star Performance for $38 a piece and they run them on their SM. Not a bad price and definitely should be able make the suspension project meet the deadline in 2 months. The GC sleeves are nice, but out of my budget at the moment. Just need something to get me started for now. 2.5" x 7" are the ones I'll need correct? They have it in 5" as well, but it seems the 7" gives more room to work with, am I right on that?

Jaynen
Jaynen Reader
8/6/12 11:27 p.m.

There is a ginormous thread on ebay coil overs in the suspension forum on miata.net

miataman86
miataman86 Reader
8/7/12 12:55 a.m.

Cool, I'll head over and check it out. What's gonna be the clincher is after the suspension project is done, I'll have to get an alignment, but I'm gonna go with more of a "sport" setting. Might even go with more of a track setting seeing as the TOYOs are gonna need as much negative camber as caster as the shop can throw at it. The rear camber will be at -2.5 while front will get more than that and zero toe all the way around, iirc.

miataman86
miataman86 Reader
8/7/12 1:04 a.m.

I think I may go with the All-Star's. If they are run on SM, they will be enough to hold me over. They only question remaining in when there is talk about setting the front to 12,5 and the rear to 13.0, what does that mean? Suspension stuff is fairly new to me, other than playing Gran Turismo for a many of years. It's a lot of numbers and I'm trying to learn as much as I possibly can as quickly as I can.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
u3xwmJT6tOZcTcXvEFnxHyhXeSKApW3UmOe8Rf4SQSg3nkF2dzTrDfvduLW27ohC