doc_speeder
doc_speeder Reader
11/27/12 8:15 a.m.
feature_image

Looks like RACECAR!!! I'm really loving these little B-spec cars.
The red sure stands out better than the "fleet silver".

Read the rest of the story

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Dork
11/27/12 10:00 a.m.

With the roll cage installed in our little B-Spec 2012 Ford Fiesta, we thought it prudent to make it look like it belongs on a race track.

Vinyl wraps are a super flexible way to put whatever you want on a car. A good wrap shop like Vision-X Custom Graphics can design and print a wicked look, and a top-notch wrap guy like Rusty Abadie at Vision X can make this application look as smooth and perfect as a paint job. Adam Icenogle and Dianna Ibrahim did all the digital voodoo magic to design and print this wrap.

The nice thing about wrapping is that when the eventual tire marks up the side or a fender makes contact with a tire wall, you don't have the hassle of painting a new panel to match. Just get a new door and have it wrapped with another sheet. Teams that expect lots of contact can have spare, wrapped body panels sitting around, ready to pop into place. Even better: Team logos can be made modular, so they can be replaced quickly and easily when they start getting chewed up.

Want to see our Fiesta's new look in person? Come to the Performance Racing Industry trade show this weekend at Florida's Orange County Convention Center.

It’s a party at the track and everyone’s invited. Subscribe now for tons of sports car content delivered 8 times a year.
ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/27/12 11:43 a.m.

Can you share the costs of the wrap? I've often wondered about that . . .

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Dork
11/28/12 9:45 a.m.

From design to application, a full wrap like this will cost about $2000. About the same as a quality paint job.

2ndstorer
2ndstorer New Reader
11/30/12 7:54 a.m.

I'm digging the Speed Racer wrapped car in the background as well! Two great looking cars!

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
12/5/12 10:19 a.m.

That looks incredible!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FPKp232rRVW1jCrrHvcv483kQnrV17RZtENG766QqmSGD9xpRnu3G4SlSVCqnYoa