1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 28
Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
9/25/17 3:14 p.m.
Dr. Hess said:

No right clickie for me, Firefox.

Still working on the right-click issue on some platforms. Stand by.

Ed Higginbotham
9/25/17 3:16 p.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

Thank you very much. I'll pass your kind words on to our developers. Glad it makes the site a little better for you.

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
9/25/17 8:53 p.m.

Thanks guys.  I appreciate the addition of grays & other toned down colors so that it's not so bright and hard on older eyes.  Just went away for a few days, came back and y'all had it looking much better.  One thought, I think it's been mentioned before, could you have the avatars fill up more of the gray bar?  Just upsize it 20-30 pixels?  I figure if that's all I've got to ask for, y'all are doing pretty good.  I'll do a plus one on the last unread feature just so that's got more weight to it :)  Keep up the good work!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/25/17 9:03 p.m.

Control v worked for copy and paste, but it looks like it chopped off lots of text, at least on my phone.

Look at the most recent update with pictures in the so i accidentally bought a challenge car thread. 

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
9/25/17 9:17 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

If you do a hard return before you paste (instead of pasting right after text) then it usually doesn't cut off text. Usually. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/25/17 10:45 p.m.

Thanks for looking in to the spelling thing Ed !!!!!!!!!!!

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/26/17 7:34 a.m.

Ugh sorry guys, but the spelling has gone again on Chrome.  It worked yesterday, it worked earlier this morning, but it's stopped again now.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/26/17 7:58 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:

Ugh sorry guys, but the spelling has gone again on Chrome.  It worked yesterday, it worked earlier this morning, but it's stopped again now.

And 23 minuets later it's working again ?!?!?!?

Ed Higginbotham
9/26/17 8:39 a.m.

We're working on the spelling and right-click funkiness. Sorry for the inconvenience.

And HoserRacing, I hear you. After we get done with some of the more functional fixes we'll take a look at this.

Ed Higginbotham
9/26/17 10:16 a.m.

Okay, update for everyone: We had installed an update to the editor to solve the display jumping issue that SVreX pointed out. However, that update seems to be the culprit for the non-working links and spell check issues. 

So we're undoing that update and then working on another fix for the jumping issue.

Also, the leaderboard will be reinstated shortly!

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/26/17 10:28 a.m.

So not to throw more wrenches, but I just learned that I can't paste into the text box on my tablet.

Long pressing, double tapping, nothing works. I even tried it in a text box for a quote and nothing happened

Android tablet with chrome, and I cleared the cache when I fixed things on my phone like a week ago. 

scardeal
scardeal SuperDork
9/26/17 10:30 a.m.

I like the move of the red (unread) dots over a little bit.  It was my last real visual complaint.  Keep up the good work!

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
9/26/17 10:45 a.m.

When you mouse over the "features" pull down then move the mouse away, the fade-away is really long (ok, not really, but its longer than normal.  500ms?  1000ms?).  I keep trying to move my mouse into that area to click on a thread and the pull-down reappears.

Ed Higginbotham
9/26/17 11:11 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I'm not sure exactly what time the latest update went live, but I this may have been posted just before then. I believe this should be fixed now. Mind giving it another try? I can paste on my phone.

Ed Higginbotham
9/26/17 11:12 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Noted. I'll bring it up with our developers.

Ed Higginbotham
9/26/17 11:12 a.m.

In reply to scardeal :

Thank you!

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
9/26/17 2:03 p.m.

I just noticed the Leaderboard is back, at least the top 10.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
9/27/17 5:34 a.m.

Not sure if this is mentioned yet.

• Text behind bullets is a different font than normal typing
  1. Are numbered posts?
RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/27/17 10:24 a.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham :

Long press paste is working today, thanks. 

I like the new pull down menu. It took me a second to realize it changed, but I like the ease of use now. And the leader board, obviously. 

Ed Higginbotham
9/27/17 10:27 a.m.
RevRico said:

Long press paste is working today, thanks. 

I like the new pull down menu. It took me a second to realize it changed, but I like the ease of use now. And the leader board, obviously. 

Our pleasure. And yes, the drop-down menu for mobile devices went live yesterday. Gets rid of a lot of the extra space at the top.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/27/17 10:41 a.m.

Is there any fix for the chopped off text when doing copy and paste?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/27/17 11:31 a.m.

The gray bars are a definite improvement on mobile. 

I miss the the shortcut buttons at the top of the page. :-(. 

Oh well...

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/27/17 1:27 p.m.

Not sure if this has been brought up in the last 22 pages but here's another request.  Every other forum I visit, after making a post it jumps back to the thread with your post now in it.  If you hit the back arrow it then jumps back too the index page, even if you read through 2 or 3 pages before posting.  Not GRM, you have to click back past then posting page then through each page to get back to the index.  Very annoying.  Should this be in first world problems?

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
9/27/17 1:28 p.m.

Aaaggghh, even worse.  I made a type which I spotted after posting and without thinking I hit edit.  I then had to page back through the posting page twice!!!!

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/27/17 1:31 p.m.
Ed Higginbotham said:

Okay, update for everyone: We had installed an update to the editor to solve the display jumping issue that SVreX pointed out. However, that update seems to be the culprit for the non-working links and spell check issues. 

So we're undoing that update and then working on another fix for the jumping issue.

Also, the leaderboard will be reinstated shortly!

yes!

1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 28

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b5gF0mwUYl3GyJKnq1YuZaEScxw6kVL8qCtZ0UupwGqD07ISSs61t5EHx7Zju9OY