1 2 3 4 5 ... 28
mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
8/31/17 8:53 p.m.

You're going to hate it. Buuuuut then your eyes will get used to it, and it has cool features, and then if you somehow have to use the "old" format you'll realize that the new format is pretty fantastic.
Kind of like how we're nostalgic for carburators, and they do work when you know what to do with them, and fuel injection seems scary but then you get used to the car just working every day and it actually works better and you're happy.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
8/31/17 9:00 p.m.

The updates sound great. Thanks for all y'all do!

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/31/17 9:11 p.m.

All I can say is Thank You!!!

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
8/31/17 9:29 p.m.
Ed Higginbotham wrote: I just asked our developers about this. They're going to look into what it would take to make that happen. No promises yet.

Since it's standard operating procedures on just about every other forum known to man it ought to be a very simple thing to do.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/17 9:34 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
dean1484 wrote: The best is just getting better!!!! Thanks!!!
You said that wrong. The best is getting bester.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
8/31/17 10:21 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: we can haz a leaderboard again please?!? Otherwise, I think I will love the updates! Im truly impressed with the support the forums get from GRM. Most media outlets treat their web presence as the bastard son they never wanted...

I was waiting for that one.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
9/1/17 2:18 p.m.

so when can we LS swap it?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/1/17 2:24 p.m.

Funny side note, the old board was based on Lucas electronics, the new one is Megasquirt.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla MegaDork
9/1/17 2:27 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve:

So you're saying we can't let the smoke out anymore?

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
9/1/17 2:31 p.m.

Thanks all at GRM for all you do!

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
9/1/17 2:35 p.m.

All our pleasure. We enjoy spending time here just as much as you guys and girls!

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh HalfDork
9/1/17 5:15 p.m.

It must be awesome to have a job you enjoy.

:)

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
9/5/17 8:01 a.m.

Ok this new look is definitely going to take some getting used to. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
9/5/17 8:04 a.m.

So... is 50% of my screen supposed to be taken up by "The latest" or is something wonky about my browser?

rslifkin
rslifkin SuperDork
9/5/17 8:05 a.m.

Threads themselves look good and readable.  The thread listing is a little tough to decipher though.  And still no "go to first unread" button wink

Using more screen width for posts in a thread would be good though, it's only about half the window, it seems.  

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/5/17 8:06 a.m.

This is going to take a while to get used to.

quote button does not work.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
9/5/17 8:06 a.m.

If you're having some display issues, clear your browser's cache. I can provide you with instructions if you let me know what browser you're using. Google works well, too.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
9/5/17 8:07 a.m.

Wow very different. So far so good!

It's definitely running faster on my phone.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
9/5/17 8:09 a.m.

I like how it looks on my phone. Will clear my browswer cache and see if that makes any difference on my computer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork

In reply to Ed Higginbotham :

Cleared cache, using Chrome- the thread display is still very little of the overall screen width.  Left side lines up with the Grassroots Motorsports logo, right side lines up with the T in STORE.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork

I'm really digging the new "Your comment" menu items. Looks much easier for my fat fingers to do things now. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/5/17 8:13 a.m.

Change bad!!!

Really, i had to double check what site i was on. Ill get used to it after a while. 

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/5/17 8:17 a.m.

I don't see a way to insert images yet, and the much larger layout makes it pretty hard to scan posts on a computer, but overall it's an improvement and I like it! 

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
9/5/17 8:18 a.m.

Seems like I have an issue. I clicked on one of the "latest" links and it just brings me back to where I already was.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
9/5/17 8:21 a.m.

Is it supposed to be huge?

I've cleared the cache but it seems like all the fonts are massive.

Here is what "Latest Topics" looks like on my 36" monitor. I cannot see more than one or two topics in the list at any one time.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 28

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VYjA1IfIvxEY1uMDZ3hntC2WgFxHzffPJPIYAoHZqqMKMVjv1MVndmyx2jLpA7si