1 2 3
turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/12/14 5:24 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: I love the new adult section!

Too bad I'm not one.... I guess I'll have to peak through a knot in the fence....

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/12/14 8:07 p.m.

The farm equipment section is going to be fun as well. Nice touch finding a John Deere powered Miata to open with!

Tmc22
Tmc22 New Reader
11/13/14 8:00 a.m.
bearmtnmartin wrote: The farm equipment section is going to be fun as well. Nice touch finding a John Deere powered Miata to open with!

What?! This sounds awesome.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/13/14 8:29 a.m.

The Adult Farm Equipment Section was a bit much however...

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/13/14 10:48 a.m.

Finally got my face in frount of my computer and not my phone (first in the office day this week) and I really like this!!!! The "dashboard" is excellent. Very intuitive easy to navigate and the text/fonts/colors combined with it not being cluttered with stuff makes it work VERY well.

I do have one question how do you get back to the dashboard? Other than using the back button I don't see a way to click back to it.

I will keep exploring but so far this is really great and a improvement!!!!

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
11/13/14 10:54 a.m.

For now, click "Profile" then "Dashboard." We're working on a simpler way.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
11/13/14 10:58 a.m.

If not too late, I'd like to see it.

dean1484
11/13/14 11:15 a.m.

Ok is it me or is the "similar members" feature a bit creepy? Felt like I needed a shower or something after seeing that.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
11/13/14 11:28 a.m.

If you need a Debian/Firefox as well as an Android/Firefox client feel free to sign me up.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
11/13/14 11:59 a.m.
dean1484 wrote: Ok is it me or is the "similar members" feature a bit creepy? Felt like I needed a shower or something after seeing that.

can't find that one .. does that mean there are no similar members for me

Tom Suddard
11/13/14 12:44 p.m.

For now we're working on squishing bugs and refining the UI, so you'll have to wait a little longer for an invite. Don't worry, though–it won't be too long.

Tom Suddard
11/13/14 12:44 p.m.
wbjones wrote:
dean1484 wrote: Ok is it me or is the "similar members" feature a bit creepy? Felt like I needed a shower or something after seeing that.
can't find that one .. does that mean there are no similar members for me

Since there are only a handful of people participating in the beta, that's not surprising. I'm sure it'll find some similar members once we open it up to everybody.

dean1484
11/13/14 2:38 p.m.

Actually so far I have not found any bugs. I will refrain from comments like my previous one above and just focus on trying to find "real" problems.

dean1484
11/13/14 2:51 p.m.

Do you want to here about things I found when surfing on my phone? I use a almost brand new windows based Samsung phone through Verizon. I did have two "issues" when using that.

The first was as I noted previously that threads that have video inserted in it try to re size to the phone screen and because the video window size is fixed it caused things to get all scrambled and made reading the thread (the 818 thread) difficult.

The second is that I get an invisible link box's the grassroots motorsports logo in the black area and down over the Add New Topic button and down over the hot link path above the list of threads. These tale me to places like the "GRM Store" and to "Show me clubs" there are at least 3 and maybe 4 of this there and I found me going to places on the site that I did not intend because of it. I can try and get a video using my old phone to show you what I am trying to explain. Again this only happens on my windows based phone.

dean1484
11/13/14 2:55 p.m.

Actually looing at the site on the computer the "invisible links" look like they are the buttons in the bar below the GRM logo at the top of the page as viewed on a computer. I think something is going wrong with them when they get re sized for the phone.

EdHigginbotham
EdHigginbotham Editorial Assistant
11/14/14 9:29 a.m.

In reply to dean1484:

Thanks for the feedback. This is exactly the kind of stuff we want to hear about. The end goal is simply to make the site better for you guys, so any comments to that end are welcome.

I made a note of your comments and will look into them. I think a really big thing is making the dashboard easier to get to.

So what about everyone else on the beta?

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
11/14/14 10:21 a.m.

Ed, re. my e-mail to you … my use of the website really doesn't help with upgrades like this … thanks for including me, even if I'm not much use for feedback

EdHigginbotham
EdHigginbotham Editorial Assistant
11/14/14 12:48 p.m.

In reply to wbjones:

Interesting statement. I wonder if that would change if we make it more front and center.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
11/14/14 1:46 p.m.

not sure … I have the forum bookmarked (Mac) and immediately click on latest topics, and then check in on "report canoes" … then click page by page until I stop finding red marked threads … I then scroll towards the first page reading any and all that catch my attention

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
11/16/14 1:04 a.m.

I'm pretty sure all of us with windows phones have had the invisible button issue since the last site redesign. At least I have and one other person mentioned it in a thread a while back.

dean1484
11/16/14 9:09 a.m.

My windows phone is new to me in the last month or so. So the problem is new to me.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
11/16/14 10:01 a.m.

I have not been on a whole lot this week, so I haven't noticed any weirdness. I do really like the dashboard feature. I would love to see a map section on the dashboard that shows the (approx) location of GRMers who have chosen to make their location public.

As for the dashboard access, how about adding it to the "Jump To" drop down menu?

Thank you for all of your efforts to improve our clubhouse!

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
11/18/14 8:20 a.m.

I can't seem to see the dashboard feature being discussed. Not on my profile page...

Tom Suddard
11/18/14 2:33 p.m.

Were you part of the beta, 2002? We haven't opened up the dashboard to everybody yet.

dean1484
11/25/14 7:39 a.m.

Is there a page that explains the formatting for the forums? I looked a little and did not find it.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ON36IoCj2TVElvEE7Z5JLBCHYe8ZMk3Q4H2cdDM9yK49o6U3pHJVPkpak8HBVXe1