Opus
Opus Dork
3/7/10 10:56 p.m.

Here is the issue. The gasket at the bolt on the bottom that holds it on just ate it self when I was tightening it back on. I have looked all over for a 3/4" washer out of copper but only found copper washers up to 5/8" I did find a bronze washer at OSH that does fit and will do the trick, but is it soft enough to work as a gasket. If not, where else to look for a copper washer.

Looking all over includes Kragen, Pep Boys, Auto Zone, Home Depot, Lowes, OSH and harbor freight(had copper up to 5/8).

If the bronze will not work. please recommend what would work and where to get it inexpensively.

Thank you

jimbbski
jimbbski New Reader
3/7/10 11:04 p.m.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#washers/=64fnys

WilberM3
WilberM3 New Reader
3/7/10 11:25 p.m.

you might want to try a european garage. i worked at a bmw garage and we kept a big selection of copper washers in metric so you might find something really close

Opus
Opus Dork
3/8/10 10:52 a.m.

Guess that answers that. Know about mc master carr, but did not want to pay more for shipping than for the part itself. I imagine that I could go to ford as well, but was hoping for a non dealer option.

Thank you

erohslc
erohslc Reader
3/8/10 10:58 a.m.

Go to Loews/Home Depot, browse the plumbing aisles. Might have to a little fab work, but you'll find something to work with.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Reader
3/8/10 1:00 p.m.

Sheet copper FTW

Opus
Opus Dork
3/9/10 12:30 a.m.
erohslc wrote: Go to Loews/Home Depot, browse the plumbing aisles. Might have to a little fab work, but you'll find something to work with.

no luck there. Will try a few other options.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sqOKbgMq4PDoRo4usDekrxWpLZUGR80M4wVQUBCIVwbnxhylX7PX3Vw25mes3frp