Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
3/19/20 5:19 a.m.

Ride out Corona in your very own Corona

1969 Toyota Corona

Brand new engine

Freshly painted

Runs fine

Who needs a lifetime supply of toilet paper when you could be riding out the viral apocalypse in style? Hell I'll even throw in a 6 pack of Corona so you can quarantine yourself from Corona in your Corona with some Corona.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/edmonds-ride-out-corona-in-your-very/7094816361.html

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/19/20 6:19 a.m.

Needs the vanity plate VIRUS.

Too soon?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/19/20 7:59 a.m.

Screaming chicken on the garage door!  

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/20 8:02 a.m.

Why are all the cool cars 3000 miles away? 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
3/19/20 11:00 a.m.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a Corona coupe.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
3/19/20 11:01 a.m.

Wow, talk about jogging memory.  I took my driving test in a white 4-door Corona.  It was my grandmother's car and had an automatic so I didn't have to cram a state trooper in my '67 Triumph GT6 with a giant hole in the floorboard.  Still barely passed.  Then my kid took his in a Cooper S and got a 98..... Little stinker!

-Rob

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/19/20 11:07 a.m.

When my parents emigrated from England my dad brought our Austin Mini along. When it died he went out and bought the cheapest car he could find that would fit our growing family. It turned out to be a Corona wagon. Even as a small boy I remember what a giant steaming pile of goo that car was. The fact that this one has survived looking so good is truly a feat of large magnitude. 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
3/19/20 11:32 a.m.
Toyman01 said:

Because you live 3k miles from the PNW?

79rex
79rex Reader
3/19/20 11:38 a.m.

if this is real thats a good price, Ive seen them sell for more

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
3/19/20 11:52 a.m.

There was one of FB Market for $1,000 several weeks ago in Kansas City; 2 speed powerglide on a 1.5L Japanese 4 cylinder has to be GLACIALLY slow, like "Unsafe" level slow.

Still, it's a great looking car; i'd never really seen any in a good picture that isn't Murilee Martin's modified one.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
3/19/20 11:57 a.m.

Tempting and I can get a $30 flight from Baltimore right now, not sure I'd chose the spirit option. My wife almost killed me when I suggested taking a trip to Hawaii yesterday.  

Rodan
Rodan Dork
3/19/20 1:03 p.m.
Toyman01 said:

This.

Well, 1500 miles, anyway.

My first car was a '72 Corona MkII sedan.  They weren't anything special, even with a header and weber carb (the hot mods for the way back when).  I've always kind of wanted another, though I'm not sure why...  

That is indeed a decent price if the car is clean and rust free.  I always liked the coupes.

Personalized plate CVID19 is available here in AZ... cheeky

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Yc5ayOILIr5LrOca0blIB0FUGomOWGZNepgbOZlilsLGXYP7sq9qCjkUZD9dLViR