Blitzed306
Blitzed306 Reader
10/10/11 6:24 p.m.

Plain and simple, Geo Metro VS Ford Festiva..... Pros and cons of stock and modified

GO!

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
10/10/11 7:21 p.m.

Festiva + any B-series Ford block.....

Blitzed306
Blitzed306 Reader
10/10/11 8:00 p.m.

So the HP nod goes to the 'Stiva, what about handling and drive line robust-ness<? lol

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
10/10/11 8:31 p.m.

Maybe not.

Metro + any Swift GT/ G series motor including the factory turbo, and 1.6.

98-01 Metros were available with a SOHC 16V and 5 spd.

You can shoehorn a J series motor in with a little work. 150 HP stock with a decent trans and 4.10 gear.

Metros are rust prone in the front frame rail/control arm mount, but shouldn't be a problem in your area. Still easily available, and practically anything that bolts on a Swift GT will bolt on a Metro. Excellent budget minded community. There's even one idiot who specializes in performance parts for the 3 cylinder.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
10/11/11 5:52 a.m.
mndsm wrote: Festiva + any B-series Ford block.....

Mazda, you mean?

Anyways, Festiva FTW in a big way in this competition. A 280whp+ Festiva is a matter of swapping in any old 1.8 BP and throwing a junkyard turbo kit at it.

Or, where a BP fits, an FE3 fits, which can make unholy amounts of power in stock unopened form.

Where an FE3 fits, an F2T fits.

And then.... there's this: http://youtu.be/uY5yYXWclao

That car should be in the 12s if it could hook, and i'm not entirely sure it's running right. Might not matter. It's currently in the process of being turbo'd.

I think the ticket would be bolt'd n/a KLZE ~ 200-220whp, plus MX3 GS trans (4.38 final drive), and gutted. Should be well under 2000lbs, and be damn quick.

Handling, i'd honestly give the nod to the Metro. Robustness, i'd go with the Festy again.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy Dork
10/11/11 6:13 a.m.

I'd give the nod to the Aspire over the Festy when you factor in brakes and wheel choices, though it does weigh more. Swapping the parts over to a Festy is easy enough, but the build quality (like the tops of the doors fluttering in the wind) is so much better the weight isn't that high a price to pay.

I would have never touched a Festy over a Metro if it wasn't for the LCA mounting point rust. One rusty spot you can cover with a dollar bill and the car is trash

Blitzed306
Blitzed306 Reader
10/11/11 6:06 p.m.

I had a couple Stiva's back in H.S and beat them all so bad it should be considered a crime, they always started the next day. I thought a Geo was a good bit lighter than a stiva..

Damkid
Damkid
10/16/11 11:50 a.m.

Festiva FTW!! But i don't know much about metro's though but i know how huge the interchangability is with festiva's and all the different mazda engine's that can potentially be swapped into them

BTW i'm the guy who built the KLZE festiva, i'm currently working on a KJ (2.3 supercharged V6) 02' Protege 5, then later i plan to do a KJ swapped festiva

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
10/16/11 3:24 p.m.

this thread title was confusing to me for a second. maybe better if crap can was written as one word....

Blitzed306
Blitzed306 Reader
10/16/11 5:16 p.m.

Oh, Would that make it better for you?

Blitzed306
Blitzed306 Reader
10/16/11 5:16 p.m.

Oh, Would that make it better for you?

rotard
rotard Reader
10/16/11 7:38 p.m.

Shogun

RossD
RossD SuperDork
10/17/11 7:14 a.m.

Was I the only one that read the title to this thread as if 'crap can come shooting out of something'?

Blitzed306
Blitzed306 Reader
10/17/11 12:00 p.m.

So my choice of title was really buggered up....

neanderpaul
neanderpaul New Reader
10/17/11 9:26 p.m.

The following is one of my "festiva defending rants" I have been called by many other festiva enthusiasts the "greatest defender of festivas"

The festiva has a rabid cult following built on three main factors. 1. Insane durability. Yes, they last forever. I know of 11 with over 500,000 miles. Many of those are still on all original running gear. I can't count how many I have seen with 300,000 miles. That is the norm! 2. Super fun and cheap to operate. At over 50 mpg and roomier on the inside than the outside shows what's not to love? 3. They are super cheap and easy to make FAST. Yes I said fast. Autocross champs, 1/4 mile gto, wrx, lancer, chevelle killing champs, even road course champs! It's ALL on YouTube. We love them. And when I say we I mean 9,000 members on fordfestiva.com. For a car not produced since 1993 and that was supposed to be disposable that says a lot. We have meets all over the world! The biggest just met for the 5th time in Raleigh NC. Every October we meet there for festiva madness! This year there were 73 festivas (including 3 or so aspires) that came from as far as 2200 miles away, even 2 from Canada! These cars are well loved and deserving of their legendary reputation. Festiva.... FTW..... Again! neanderpaul

neanderpaul
neanderpaul New Reader
10/17/11 9:30 p.m.

Dude they are MUSCULAR and gorgeous. And the metro looks like .... ugh.... a turd.

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll101/neanderpaul/?action=view&current=Festivatowrig.mp4

neanderpaul
neanderpaul New Reader
10/17/11 9:33 p.m.

And cam Waugh's legendary festiva? SQUAT and tough! http://www.fordfestiva.com/gallery/image14.htm

neanderpaul
neanderpaul New Reader
10/17/11 9:36 p.m.

Festiva vs Metro in the original competition they were designed for - aka - keeping money in your wallet? Festiva hands down because of durability and simplicity.

Festiva vs metro in the surprising competition of performance and modding? Festiva hands down.

festiva vs Metro in looks? Yeah it's subjective but festiva... ftw....again.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Festiva-FTW/131773876879941

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lE5Nrawnw1mHWvUWyRg6WuzSfdIFloJFz5rofp1khb4ScYtlfE4pTc0BsbWJJQ2v