1 2 3
Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
11/17/12 2:34 p.m.

About carb kits: Black Dragon Automotive (not mine, no affiliation, may curve your spine, take only with food, may cause drowsiness, consult a doctor before beginning any exercise regimen) still shows the Nikki carb kits for $24.95.

JtspellS
JtspellS HalfDork
11/17/12 3:51 p.m.

Hold out the rotor gods will thank you for this (or just plain say "berkeley you buddy im done" but have to look at the momentary silver lining )

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/17/12 4:23 p.m.

The second kit looks correct. As I was looking at the gaskets in the store the clerk asked what I was doing. I told him checking to see if they looked like 4 barrel gaskets and he said "I dont rebuild carbs" and walked off. I thought it was wierd. Hopefully I can get back on it in the next day or two.

logdog
11/17/12 4:24 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: Just give up man! The three-headed spinning god wants NO part of you. Let's put some torques under the hood.

You know my DD has all the torques I can handle!

logdog
11/19/12 9:08 p.m.

I took the Nikki into work today and thanks to the greatest carb tech in all of Marion SC (On loan to Michigan) it was rebuilt with no surprises. Put it on the car and threw a nine year old kid that was hanging around the garage in the drivers seat to crank it while I did the "please start" dance. It started right up. I let it run for awhile to burn off the remaining ATF. I suppose I ought to start a proper build thread as my next steps are making it fat guy friendly to get in and make sure nothing is going to fall off soon.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
11/19/12 9:09 p.m.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey SuperDork
11/20/12 8:47 a.m.

that's great news!

fidelity101
fidelity101 Reader
11/20/12 9:11 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: About carb kits: Black Dragon Automotive (not mine, no affiliation, may curve your spine, take only with food, may cause drowsiness, consult a doctor before beginning any exercise regimen) still shows the Nikki carb kits for $24.95.

+1 for black dragon, they are the same as LMC truck. Good stuff

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nEUS6sEz8DNRRncrD874jPIVUNMIFeWCbCVTWHNp7US4Un73TCEENDUSV7s1oBCh