goleafsgo None
Dec. 30, 2014 7:10 p.m.

Hello All, looking for some input. I currently have a track rat in the form of an 98 Acura Integra GSR. I could continue to dump money in to it (LSD, better suspension...), or cut bait and join the miata club (seems like the easy button), while selling the Acura? Originally, I was hoping SCCA ITS would be the goal, so I limited mods to the Acura. It will likely be track day only, but I am not willing to give up hope of wheel to wheel someday...Happy New Year!

aussiesmg MegaDork
Dec. 30, 2014 7:45 p.m.

Is it "leafs" or "leaves"?

Back to your regularly scheduled program

novaderrik PowerDork
Dec. 30, 2014 7:52 p.m.

Build it to Chump/Lemons spec and race it until it falls apart..

LopRacer Dork
Dec. 30, 2014 8:17 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Is it "leafs" or "leaves"? Back to your regularly scheduled program

Perhaps a Toronto Maple Leafs fan? Anyway, an Integra is a heck of a good track car. I can't speak for your region from personal experience but I do know NASA has a fairly strong Honda Challenge presence in the North East so you could go that route.

bgkast UltraDork
Dec. 30, 2014 10:19 p.m.

I read the title as "crosswinds" so leafs would have made sense.

amg_rx7 Dork
Dec. 30, 2014 10:42 p.m.
goleafsgo wrote: Hello All, looking for some input. I currently have a track rat in the form of an 98 Acura Integra GSR. I could continue to dump money in to it (LSD, better suspension...), or cut bait and join the miata club (seems like the easy button), while selling the Acura? Originally, I was hoping SCCA ITS would be the goal, so I limited mods to the Acura. It will likely be track day only, but I am not willing to give up hope of wheel to wheel someday...Happy New Year!

Easy button to what?

Why are you contemplating moving on?

Both cars are good but the RWD Miata would be my horse of choice.

David S. Wallens Editorial Director
Dec. 30, 2014 10:44 p.m.

Speaking as a fan with a foot in each camp, there's nothing wrong with an Integra for the track. For one, more interior room once you add a cage.

David S. Wallens Editorial Director
Dec. 30, 2014 10:44 p.m.

And welcome to our forum.

Trans_Maro UberDork
Dec. 30, 2014 11:07 p.m.

This place was nice while it lasted..

goleafsgo New Reader
Dec. 31, 2014 4:56 a.m.

Thank you all, must be a lot of Habs fans here... I was thinking easier button in the form of seemingly better competition and support in this region. Seems like it may be difficult to get to the pointy end of the ITS field (lots of fast RX-7's) I will likely stick with the acura since it is in my garage already...

bmw88rider HalfDork
Dec. 31, 2014 8:40 a.m.

It's not that easy to get to the pointy end of the Spec Miata field either. It's a pretty expensive proposition. The top guys have some pretty good dollars in those rides.

The question to really ask is do you want a track car or a race car? From there, make a plan to get there. If you want a race car, then go buy the best example for the class you want to race in. Don't try to convert a car. It'll kill you cost wise.

Dec. 31, 2014 8:53 a.m.

very few cars are cheaper to campaign and run on the track then a Miata, an Integra is one of them. I'd stick with it.

goleafsgo New Reader
Jan. 2, 2015 6:33 p.m.

I'll have to look into nasa, also I will look at STL. Thanks for the reassurance. I'll keep my current horse, and keep feeding it leafy greenbacks...

Zomby Woof PowerDork
Jan. 2, 2015 7:07 p.m.

A Leafs fan from NH?

I thought this was going to be about the movie Crossroads

Jan. 2, 2015 7:38 p.m.

bmw88rider HalfDork
Jan. 2, 2015 8:23 p.m.

http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?33302-FS-91-Honda-CRX-Si-ITA-H4-PTE-TTE

http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?30356-2011-NARRC-ITA-Champion

Before coverting your car, I would strongly look at something like these. They are complete, proven winner that has all of the work taken care of.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Vintage Views: GMC Syclone and Typhoon

12 hours ago in Articles

All-wheel drive, turbo power and a Q-ship’s stealth.

Classic Motorsports Mitty Presented by Hagerty Celebrates Porsche

1 day ago in News

Gearhead heaven? We think it looks something like this.

First Drive: Turbo ND MX-5

3 days ago in News

We hit the track with Flyin' Miata's latest power adder.

This Weekend at the Mitty: The Ultimate Auto Festival

4 days ago in News

Gates open this Friday for the Classic Motorsports Mitty at Road Atlanta.

ND Miata Turbo Kits Now Available!

4 days ago in News

Add 70 horsepower and 70 ft.-lbs!

What's the Plan, Man?

5 days ago in Articles

Thoughts on our racing plan for the year.

Meet the Rebels Who Started the Cannonball Run

6 days ago in News

Relive those desperado days through movie excerpts, and hear the real facts and wild stories from the legends themselves.

Up for Auction: All of Level 5 Motorsports's Hardware

6 days ago in News

It's a pro race team part out.

Can You Really Live With a Low-Buck Porsche 911?

6 days ago in News

For the past two years, on of our forum regulars has been chronicling his life with a Porsche 996.

Project Turbo Miata: Fire Fighting

1 week ago in Project Cars

We transfer the fire system to our new Miata.

Reader's Ride of the Week: Autocross Abomination

1 week ago in News

Classic British styling with a rotary engine?

AMX-Cessive

1 week ago in Articles

If you’re going to host the search for the ultimate street car, perhaps you should drive one yourself.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
3tcF9A6Go52v2Mzi1ntJszA7444LUtwO