goleafsgo
goleafsgo None
12/30/14 7:10 p.m.

Hello All, looking for some input. I currently have a track rat in the form of an 98 Acura Integra GSR. I could continue to dump money in to it (LSD, better suspension...), or cut bait and join the miata club (seems like the easy button), while selling the Acura? Originally, I was hoping SCCA ITS would be the goal, so I limited mods to the Acura. It will likely be track day only, but I am not willing to give up hope of wheel to wheel someday...Happy New Year!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
12/30/14 7:45 p.m.

Is it "leafs" or "leaves"?

Back to your regularly scheduled program

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/30/14 7:52 p.m.

Build it to Chump/Lemons spec and race it until it falls apart..

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
12/30/14 8:17 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Is it "leafs" or "leaves"? Back to your regularly scheduled program

Perhaps a Toronto Maple Leafs fan? Anyway, an Integra is a heck of a good track car. I can't speak for your region from personal experience but I do know NASA has a fairly strong Honda Challenge presence in the North East so you could go that route.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/30/14 10:19 p.m.

I read the title as "crosswinds" so leafs would have made sense.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 Dork
12/30/14 10:42 p.m.
goleafsgo wrote: Hello All, looking for some input. I currently have a track rat in the form of an 98 Acura Integra GSR. I could continue to dump money in to it (LSD, better suspension...), or cut bait and join the miata club (seems like the easy button), while selling the Acura? Originally, I was hoping SCCA ITS would be the goal, so I limited mods to the Acura. It will likely be track day only, but I am not willing to give up hope of wheel to wheel someday...Happy New Year!

Easy button to what?

Why are you contemplating moving on?

Both cars are good but the RWD Miata would be my horse of choice.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/30/14 10:44 p.m.

Speaking as a fan with a foot in each camp, there's nothing wrong with an Integra for the track. For one, more interior room once you add a cage.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/30/14 10:44 p.m.

And welcome to our forum.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UberDork
12/30/14 11:07 p.m.

This place was nice while it lasted..

goleafsgo
goleafsgo New Reader
12/31/14 4:56 a.m.

Thank you all, must be a lot of Habs fans here... I was thinking easier button in the form of seemingly better competition and support in this region. Seems like it may be difficult to get to the pointy end of the ITS field (lots of fast RX-7's) I will likely stick with the acura since it is in my garage already...

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/31/14 8:40 a.m.

It's not that easy to get to the pointy end of the Spec Miata field either. It's a pretty expensive proposition. The top guys have some pretty good dollars in those rides.

The question to really ask is do you want a track car or a race car? From there, make a plan to get there. If you want a race car, then go buy the best example for the class you want to race in. Don't try to convert a car. It'll kill you cost wise.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/31/14 8:53 a.m.

very few cars are cheaper to campaign and run on the track then a Miata, an Integra is one of them. I'd stick with it.

goleafsgo
goleafsgo New Reader
1/2/15 6:33 p.m.

I'll have to look into nasa, also I will look at STL. Thanks for the reassurance. I'll keep my current horse, and keep feeding it leafy greenbacks...

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
1/2/15 7:07 p.m.

A Leafs fan from NH?

I thought this was going to be about the movie Crossroads

Smarta$$ McPoopyPants
Smarta$$ McPoopyPants MegaDork
1/2/15 7:38 p.m.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/2/15 8:23 p.m.

http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?33302-FS-91-Honda-CRX-Si-ITA-H4-PTE-TTE

http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?30356-2011-NARRC-ITA-Champion

Before coverting your car, I would strongly look at something like these. They are complete, proven winner that has all of the work taken care of.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pdxLpCjbsGAxlrEv0pGGTDmGFBR0e9eWc7inF753WCCZtAida6CVJp3M8jH3I7D8