1 2
nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
2/14/19 2:03 p.m.

Just arrived. I did watch some YouTube unfortunately. It seems dashcams are owned by reedy voiced little peckerheads who tailgate old crazy guys in pickups and goad them by sissily screaming 'I've got this on dashcam. You're going to jail!!!!' indecision

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
2/14/19 2:24 p.m.

Do I have to buy a micro SD card like it prompts me to? smiley

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
2/14/19 3:01 p.m.

In reply to nutherjrfan :

Yes you need a micro SD card. Class 10 is best, probably about $5-$10 depending on the capacity you choose.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
2/14/19 6:16 p.m.

I was surprised that mine showed up today too.  I told SWMBO that I got her a dash cam for Valentine's Day, didn't actually expect it to show up on Valentine's Day.

I bought 2 dash cams, so I needed 2 micro SD cards, I bought this SanDisk 32 GB 2 pack a couple days ago.

skylarhagler
skylarhagler New Reader
2/14/19 7:17 p.m.

Thanks, i bought one for SWMBO too. Should be here Saturday. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/16/19 2:40 p.m.

Mine arrived yesterday. 

These stated to be refurbs but the packaging makes no mention of it not being first run product.  Sometimes when you buy refurbs they come in a more generic package.  Not these.  My suspicion is this was an old stock blow out.  Seems like a good deal.  The low end of the dash cam market is $50 so these at nearly half that price seem like a deal.  

Here is the final mile of my arrival home mid day on a gray Saturday in Ohio.

https://youtu.be/MEQZEmAgCcI

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/19/19 2:01 p.m.

Hey man, thanks for posting this.  I grabbed one too and am very happy with it so far.  Cannot tell it was not new from the packaging or the device.  Running the power wire was really easy in the Fiesta ST, totally hidden in about 5 minutes.  It works very well so far.  I bought a severe-duty SD card based on recommendations.  

I have people cut me off almost every day on my way to work. While I certainly hope it never happens, if someone does jump in front of me too late to stop/swerve, at least I will have video of it being their fault.  I drive down Main Street, from right to left in this image. People coming off the highway who want to turn Left have a stop sign.  People turning right have a ramp with a yield.  When a bro-dozer, SUV, or delivery truck is at the stop-sign, they block the view of cars coming down Main st.  People making the right assume that if they can't see a car coming, there must not be one coming.  This is generally wrong. You have to wait for the obstruction to move so you can see.  Most people think they have their own lane and just plow right on through, into my lane. There is a left lane for me to drive in, and I often do, but people often pull out across both lanes when exiting!  

java230
java230 UltraDork
2/19/19 2:03 p.m.

Mine arrived as well! Have not opened yet, but packaging looked brand new. Will install soon.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
2/19/19 9:59 p.m.

I've put one of my two in so far and am really impressed with it. It's way nicer looking, feeling, and operating than my old dash cam. I haven't tucked the wire away yet though, I need to do that.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Hs5dt2k0AdpvfJyz3mlp5raUgNsxyFEg2jOkQ9mQtiIIrYlszvNbyWeFk7zU5Z6t