Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
4/3/19 4:10 p.m.

In my Camaro, I have the PDR that gives me a cool dash cam with built-in telemetry and nice overlays and things. I need to be able to replicate parts of this on another car. What I'm most concerned about to start with is the "Distance" feature. The Camaro's camera tells me the distance traveled from the point where the recording started to the current point in the video. This is what the PDR playback looks like:

I see there are cameras with GPS, but I don't see enough detail in the playback to know whether this would suit my needs.

I'm using this to plan a TSD rallye. I've been using the Camaro for it but it would be nice to be able to get a dash cam, hand it to one of my pre-runners, and see their mileage on each leg as they go. Is there an off-the-shelf cam or easy to cobble together cam+software combo or something that can give me what I want?

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/3/19 4:53 p.m.

No help, but more info on the TSD ralley?

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
4/3/19 11:48 p.m.

It's with PCA Chicago. I ran rallye #3 last year in the Bull Valley area, and I'm running #4 this year. I'm leaning toward the southern Kettle Moraine/State Line Road area. https://pca-chicago.org/cms/rallye

My event isn't up on the website yet. It's September 8. We do 5 rallyes a year and they're a ton of fun. You should come out. Our rallye school is May 5 in Buffalo Grove. It has a classroom portion to learn how it all works and then a mini rallye through the Buffalo Grove/Deerfield area. We'll be helping out at the class and then working a checkpoint on the school rallye.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/19 7:03 a.m.

TrackAddict might be able to do that. 

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
4/4/19 12:29 p.m.

Looking at a screenshot of the output, there is no distance displayed.

I wonder how hard it would be to write something that would do it.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/4/19 12:43 p.m.

what about something like the torque app? does it collect distance traveled from the CAN info?

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/4/19 12:44 p.m.

also, im interested in doing one of these rallies! rallyes?

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
5/15/19 10:51 a.m.

If you're still interested in doing a TSD rallye, Chicago PCA/Windy City BMW are doing the first rallye of the season this Sunday, 5/19. 

Details here: https://pca-chicago.org/cms/rallye/events/543-rallye-one-dont-lose-your-head

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QDJumx4xitUaaFmoS37WjidA3QsXBXz7d4nC61ulImT0xrSqyovhhnxqp0B47DAA