Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/11/19 2:35 p.m.

Anyone thinking about going?  I will probably go with my 11 year old son.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
4/11/19 2:48 p.m.

I keep meaning to go up there.  I hear it’s big, and a good idea to get there early.  Weather is supposed to be decent Saturday, too.

Aaron_King
4/11/19 5:49 p.m.

I have been twice and it is huge and there have been unusual cars both times I went.  The first time there was a BMW 507, something that I have only seen in a museum until then. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
4/13/19 12:26 p.m.

Spent a couple hours there.  That was amazing!  I think this was the wildest thing I saw:

A Biturbo that showed up under its own power!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/13/19 3:02 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

You can imagine my initial amazement.  Upon zooming in, I see this is a 4 door which came later and after some much needed improvements. But, even an improved Biturbo is still a Biturbo.  It's not like the improvements made it "reliable".

Also from zooming in... That's some super snaggly rust near the light bezel! 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
4/13/19 7:54 p.m.

Yeah, I guess I did cheat since it was fuel injected smiley  That rust was pretty gnarly.

Aaron_King
4/15/19 9:30 a.m.

We missed the BiTurbo, ended not getting there until 10:30.   There was some cool stuff there, I will post pics in the hot link thread but this was one of the oddest things we saw:

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/15/19 10:23 a.m.

What was the basis of the death cart? 

Seats look Acura or Honda

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
4/15/19 10:30 a.m.
John Welsh said:

What was the basis of the death cart? 

Seats look Acura or Honda

I’m guessing Civic hatch.  It had a SOHC Honda engine in it.  

Edit:  I suppose it could have been a sedan or coupe, too.  My thinking it was a hatch was based on the short rear overhang, but they probably just chopped that part of the car off.

Aaron_King
4/15/19 2:15 p.m.

We were leaving so I didn’t ask but it has a Honda steering wheel. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
5/10/19 5:34 p.m.

Anyone else going tomorrow?  I think I'm going to try to be there by 7:45, in the hopes that traffic won't be as bad getting off the exit and into the center.

Turbine
Turbine GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/11/19 9:13 a.m.

I was hoping to make it this week, but it didn’t work out

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
5/13/19 11:55 a.m.

It was on my radar before I had to leave for Columbus for the big 501st group photo event, then I woke up to 44F.  Meh, another time.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
5/13/19 12:36 p.m.

That is a truly awful death kart. It's crazy when you can take an old honda and make it less safe in every way.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
5/13/19 2:37 p.m.
accordionfolder said:

That is a truly awful death kart. It's crazy when you can take an old honda and make it less safe in every way.

It was there again this week.  I kind of want to do something like that sometime (with a better cage), but I am curious to know what the insurance company would have have to say if it’s involved in an accident.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
5/13/19 2:51 p.m.

A good/scary question as well. Likely you'd be on the hook for damages since it's modified so far beyond what you have it insured as. Unless this owner has had a chat with their insurance agent that is - I somewhat doubt it as it's a dangerous conversation anyways (i.e. I've hacked the body off this honda civic, what else are you doing???) I sent pictures and the rest for my Exocet to my insurance company so they know exactly what they're insuring if anything were to ever happen - not that I really do much street driving or anything.

Funny -  like most death karts they probably made it slower overall, not faster, in nearly all situations. Though maybe they just wanted an "open roadster experience."

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dL4ewsRsdBFuYWZOxB1sn68ZPEjJJbkT9NUeibf9mDq9GHYoSvGgwBpdbcZhwwrp