nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan HalfDork
8/14/15 8:26 p.m.

Anyone going tomorrow? Took a million pictures and videos but I'll post just one. The new track seems better than last year, more room, long back straight. Anyway it was a fun first day. [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/nutherjrfan/media/057.jpg.html][/URL]

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
8/14/15 10:20 p.m.

I can't make it, but a bunch of our local (SCCA) rallycross people will be there. I think our chairman Adam will be manning a tent or something to promote our program. Drop by and say hi.

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
8/14/15 10:21 p.m.

I'll be out there tomorrow watching.

fifty
fifty HalfDork
8/15/15 5:29 a.m.

Man! Totally forgot about this. Is this at RFK Stadium?

Drew122
Drew122 New Reader
8/15/15 6:59 a.m.

Based on the track map I saw online, they seem to be using the same lot and the remains and partial layout of the track used in 2002 (?) for the Grand Prix that came through (Grand Am, SCCA WC, Trans Am, Star Mazda, etc...). Hope the locals don't raise a fuss again and make it impossible for the event to come back next year.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/15/15 9:03 a.m.

I was gonna go but ticket prices were out of line.

Let me know how it goes

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
8/15/15 9:24 a.m.

They are using part of the Grand Am track. A friend who is spotting for one of the Jr. teams gave me a full rundown on "why the F is there proper curbing here?"
I need to go see one of these events some time. Unfortunately the close one to me has been Austin during the X games and I'm too old for that E36 M3.
Have fun!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hhZlm3nA4JXFdLnaT1IOyRKbN2mbiYKm3lyPijUFSPC2jp0pMLkPNzfg2JESDFTf