1 2 3
chaparral
chaparral New Reader
2/18/09 7:04 a.m.

Who said this was going in a car?

Run it on natural gas and provide heat and electricity for your house.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/18/09 7:31 a.m.

In that case a steam engine is your best option.

Geothermal heat capture and coupling system that steams through a multi chamber system that creates everything from home heat to electricity to air conditioning for the house.

ScottRA21
ScottRA21 New Reader
3/7/09 10:12 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: For a stupid-fun engine, just give me a turbocharged Toyota 18R-G or 2T-G and I'll be a happy man. Gotta love a 30-year-old design that can lay some serious smack on modern engines if given the right tuning. Shawn

Heh, I'm slowly working on an 18R-G (210 casting). Not turbo, but ITB. I'd like to get a 270 Head, drop the 210 cams on it, but that might be more trouble than it is worth. I just got a set of 01 GSXR 750 Throttle Bodies from my sister's fiance (building his 91 750 with 01 front end and swingarm.). Got an MS&S box to go, but ugh, so much else needs to be done.

Anyways, Ideal engine? I think Suzuki has already made it for me: H27A V6 found in the Grand Vitara and the XL7. 60 bank angle, DOHC, all aluminum. Fitted with a conversion kit to install in a P51 Mustang replica, it weighs 315 lbs. Stock it puts out 180 hp and 180 ft-lbs. The unfortunate part is, I cannot find ANY aftermarket, and I really want to know how it would do with some camshafts aimed at performance rather than cute-ute torque and fuel efficiency. I have no idea how well the heads flow, but I am assuming they flow somewhat decently.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UqnxB7Y1mtJZ14Qp6icsOM3mYhSGb21fVcIDuQ8VUht13hU7oG85Qu8w96K8moLP