1 2 3
z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/13/20 8:23 a.m.

The following:

Hi,

This is Tessie from MaXpeedingRods(https://www.maxpeedingrods.com/) which is focused on performance over decades with more than 3,000,000 customers all over the world.

Seeing some professional car contents you had made in grassrootsmotorsports.com and admired by your years of experience and resources in the industry. It remind of me that, We are looking for professionals to review our products, would you be interested in participating?

Hope to hear from you and hopefully work together!

Best regards,

Tessie

2GRX7
2GRX7 Reader
1/13/20 8:41 a.m.

Hey-if you don't wanna do it, send them to me! I'd love to purchase a set and then tear them apart. I really want to see what damper shim packages could possibly work with them!

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
1/13/20 8:43 a.m.

I'd happily take any free and/or heavily discounted parts for a 2006 BMW 530xi wagon.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/20 8:52 a.m.

No email here, but grm might want to check if some email list got stolen...

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/13/20 8:58 a.m.
Robbie said:

No email here, but grm might want to check if some email list got stolen...

This is exactly what I was getting at. I have no experience or resources in the magazine industry. 

I figured Tim and Margie would like to know if this is an advertiser or something else.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/20 9:45 a.m.

pretty sure Patrick got something similar maybe a month ago?  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/13/20 9:46 a.m.

Wasn't there a thread about maxspeedingrods on this board a couple days ago...?  I can't seem to find it, though.

Ah, here we go:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/maxpeedingrods-muther/142457/page1/

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/20 9:52 a.m.

They're just harvesting forum information - nothing they sent me couldn't have been scraped off GRM. I have asked Max Pee Dingrods if they'd send me some coilovers. Maybe I'll do a teardown :)

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/13/20 10:07 a.m.

Id rock a set on my beater

NickD
NickD PowerDork
1/13/20 10:09 a.m.

What the berkeley? I didn't get an e-mail from Maxpeedingrods. Am I not worthy of the greatest coilovers known to man?

_
_ Dork
1/13/20 10:12 a.m.

I got the email also. 

Keith Tanner
1/13/20 10:22 a.m.

Someone on the other thread pointed out that they can be referred to as Max Pee Dingrods. Knurled has used  MPD as an acronym - which is a good hack to avoid attracting their keyword spambots. I suggest that the forum filter be updated :)

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/13/20 10:24 a.m.

Dammit! I WANT the maxpeedingrods email. I want to compare cheap aftermarket coiovers with semi developed homebrew coilovers.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/20 10:39 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

They're just harvesting forum information - nothing they sent me couldn't have been scraped off GRM. I have asked Max Pee Dingrods if they'd send me some coilovers. Maybe I'll do a teardown :)

Now that sounds like it would be a fun forum post.

Keith Tanner
1/13/20 10:44 a.m.

If you get them free from a forum post, it seems to me that FMV for the Challenge is $0 :)

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/20 11:46 a.m.

Well E36 M3, now I want an email from them just so I can get a free set of coilervers for a Hyundai Accent...because obviously at that point I'd need to buy a cheap Accent. 

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 Dork
1/13/20 11:51 a.m.

I am a little sad I did not get an email. I need some rods.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/13/20 11:52 a.m.

She contacted me via Instagram PM. 

Mossant_
Mossant_ New Reader
1/15/20 2:33 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :
Sorry to bring you such trouble. I contact you because I appreciate your specialization as a Technical Writer. We have faith in our products, MaXpeedingRods brand hope to work with Professionals and Influencers in forums to give a real experience about our parts. We are also looking for the right time to cooperate with grassrootsmotorsports magazine. 

All the best.
Tessie from MaXpeedingRods

infinitenexus
infinitenexus Reader
1/15/20 6:52 a.m.

I would gladly review a set for a 2012 Mustang GT.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
1/15/20 8:48 a.m.

I would gladly test a set of rods for a TR3.  

Keith Tanner
1/15/20 9:14 a.m.

I started to go through with it, but now I’m feeling a bit bad. I’d do an honest review, but I do suspension development for real suspension and it might be a bit cruel. Here are the terms. 

Should I?

—————————————————

We are honored to work with you and willing to sponsor this set of coilovers for you. As the feedback, we hope that you can post the review article on the grassrootsmotorsports.com forum. 

Besides, I also noticed that you have a awesome website about miata, MaXpeedingRods produces connecting rods and coilovers for miata, especially the rods has earned a good reputation for quality and weight. 

Maybe we can reach a win-win cooperation on our affiliate program, you can take a first look at it.
https://www.maxpeedingrods.com/index.php?route=affiliate/account/beginning

The below is the cooperation terms about the review article.
In order for both of us to better cooperate with each other, we have formulated some cooperation clauses, please check them. If there are any questions, please let me know.

For Keith Tanner:
1. Make a build review thread about the Miata MX5 coilovers in grassrootsmotorsports forums. Not less than 1000 words.
2. Content customed such as describing the modification process, use experience and brand introduction, the title must have the "MaXpeedingRods" word, and the parts tracking link and coupon code must be added to the threads(MaXpeedingRods will provide).
3. Thread includes not less than 10 photos of different scenes (unboxing, modification process, after-installation, the display of brand logo, etc.).
4. Keith needs to notify MaXpeedingRods in advance the thread's update time.
5. Post at least a story or post on social medias(Instagram and Facebook).

For MaXpeedingRods:
1. For free provide "Keith" a set of BMW E36 coilovers including shipping.The product value:$246.00, the product link: https://www.maxpeedingrods.com/Mazda-Miata-MX5-89-05-NA-NB-Suspension-Adjustable-Damper-Coilover-Suspension-Kit.html 
2. MaXpeedingRods will provide a coupon code for followers of "Keith"
3. If this set of coilovers is damaged or lost during the shipping process, MaXpeedingRods will provide a solution.
4. MaXpeedingRods will promote and share Keith's reviews to social platforms and Blog to increase the exposure of Keith's reviews.
5. MaXpeedingRods own the content ownership rights for your reviews to be paraphrased, gathered, quoted with your permission, but it will not harm "Keith" interests.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/15/20 9:18 a.m.

It looks like they know who you are and what you do based on the content of that.

I'd do it.  Just don't get the e36 ones....

These also look like a great product to get even if somebody were to gut them and put bilstein inserts in them.  It would probably save a lot of ti.e and money versus piecing a kit together.

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 Dork
1/15/20 9:24 a.m.

I really think you should do it. When I first read it though, I translated BWM E36 in my brain to E36 M3 / grm translation language. I think it would be funnier that way, but do what you will.

Keith Tanner
1/15/20 9:25 a.m.

The link is to NB coilovers, not E36. 

By the time you’ve put Bilstein inserts in them, why not get Ground Controls with the metallurgy of Eibach springs?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Xo2DLlxpOiSY0vYIyyMHMrric5bJCplsF23GRbAXLMw0S5qXQahW0WwgmYaRn2LP