1 2 3
Jumper K Balls (Trent)
Jumper K Balls (Trent) PowerDork
1/15/20 9:50 a.m.

Dangit, I just bought rods for my G13B. I guess I should have posted in these threads more sad

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/15/20 9:56 a.m.
Mossant_ said:

In reply to z31maniac :
Sorry to bring you such trouble. I contact you because I appreciate your specialization as a Technical Writer. We have faith in our products, MaXpeedingRods brand hope to work with Professionals and Influencers in forums to give a real experience about our parts. We are also looking for the right time to cooperate with grassrootsmotorsports magazine. 

All the best.
Tessie from MaXpeedingRods

No trouble, was curious if anyone else had been contacted. 

I also don't have anything fun at the moment to throw a set of coilovers on.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/15/20 10:19 a.m.

I'd be down to review a set. 

NB Miata, e46, or e28 are all at my disposal to use testing/reviewing. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/15/20 10:30 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

It’s worth it for you, and of interest for us if you do it. 

For me?  I can’t do business with a company that can’t find the typos in their own cooperation agreement. Call me a grammar nazi if you want, but professionalism in a company is reflected in both their product AND the way they market and/or write about their product. 

I also question the tactics. Are they a GRM advertiser?  This seems like a razor’s edge distance from inappropriate for a vendor to mine their forum. 

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
1/15/20 10:50 a.m.

I completely disagree with everything you just said. Oh, and you're a grammar Nazi.

A company that represents a large Chinese manufacture made ma a similar offer a number of years ago so I took them up on it, figuring I had nothing to lose.

I was right. They sent me a bunch of stuff, I used it, gave honest online reviews, and kept all the parts. I'm glad I did it.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/15/20 10:52 a.m.

In reply to Suprf1y :

I’m glad. 

I’d be troubled if you agreed with me! cheeky

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 Dork
1/15/20 1:20 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

The link is to NB coilovers, not E36. 

That's why it was funny. I thought it said E36 M3 (wordfilter!) in the terms agreement email. I read it as "one set of E36 M3 coilovers."

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/15/20 1:32 p.m.

Okay, I'll do it. I'll make it a fair review. If they're actually any good, we'll add them to the catalog :)

We evaluate a lot of suspensions you never hear about. If they don't get added to the catalog, then they failed to provide a meaningful advantage in some area.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/15/20 1:38 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

By the time you’ve put Bilstein inserts in them, why not get Ground Controls with the metallurgy of Eibach springs?

Because just the front strut top hats are more expensive than this entire kit for an rx7.

I would consider buying this kit, add eibach springs and Billy inserts and still be cheaper by a good bit!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/15/20 2:11 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Okay, I'll do it. I'll make it a fair review. If they're actually any good, we'll add them to the catalog :)

We evaluate a lot of suspensions you never hear about. If they don't get added to the catalog, then they failed to provide a meaningful advantage in some area.

Im interested to read this.

Im honestly wondering how their rates compare to others, as well as how they would compare to a 750/400 combo on bilstein hard s shocks (what im currently running).  I just can't bring myself to spend fox/xida money.....

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/15/20 2:44 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

Well E36 M3, now I want an email from them just so I can get a free set of coilervers for a Hyundai Accent...because obviously at that point I'd need to buy a cheap Accent. 

let me know. I'll bring tools and beer. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/15/20 3:08 p.m.
wvumtnbkr said:
Keith Tanner said:

By the time you’ve put Bilstein inserts in them, why not get Ground Controls with the metallurgy of Eibach springs?

Because just the front strut top hats are more expensive than this entire kit for an rx7.

I would consider buying this kit, add eibach springs and Billy inserts and still be cheaper by a good bit!

Comparing the camber plate price on a strut vehicle vs the shock mount on a dual A-arm setup isn't an apples-to-apples comparison.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
1/15/20 3:51 p.m.
Mossant_ said:

In reply to z31maniac :
Sorry to bring you such trouble. I contact you because I appreciate your specialization as a Technical Writer. We have faith in our products, MaXpeedingRods brand hope to work with Professionals and Influencers in forums to give a real experience about our parts. We are also looking for the right time to cooperate with grassrootsmotorsports magazine. 

All the best.
Tessie from MaXpeedingRods

Tessie, if you're actually reading this thread, may I offer a suggestion? Change the brand name while you can, before it gets too entrenched and you have to build up brand recognition a second time. As it is, a native English speaker will be tempted to separate the letters in all sorts of unflattering ways - Max Peed In Grods, for example. Sure, Grods isn't a word, but the rest is. It's the same problem Powergen Italia had with their website.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
1/15/20 6:59 p.m.

Tessie. I want to test MaXpeedingRods coilover for my AWII MR2.  Let me choose my own spring rates and I will put them on a challenge car and bring all glory to the MaXpeedingRods name! 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/15/20 7:14 p.m.
z31maniac said:
wvumtnbkr said:
Keith Tanner said:

Comparing the camber plate price on a strut vehicle vs the shock mount on a dual A-arm setup isn't an apples-to-apples comparison.

Uh, I wasn't.  I looked up the cost of the rx7 ones.  They are basically all that cost.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/15/20 8:33 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

I want to see you do it in AvE fashion... 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/16/20 6:23 a.m.

I've always said it Max Peed In Grods, and now I need a Powergen Italia sticker for the Sonoma

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/21/20 5:35 a.m.

I've been seeing their ads all over Facebook the last couple days.

Keith Tanner
1/21/20 10:37 a.m.

Mine should be here tonight. There will be unboxing! Probably won't get to install them until the weekend, I have to put the engine back in the MG first.

I'll be pulling a set of $2400 shocks and springs out of the car to install these. Should be an interesting comparison. Or do I put them on the stock 1990 so I can drive them back to back? Gotta find another set of wheels if I do that because they're not quite equitable at the moment.

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
1/21/20 10:51 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

I've always said it Max Peed In Grods, and now I need a Powergen Italia sticker for the Sonoma

I wish I knew about this before. I raced an Italian bike for 7 years and could have had some of those made up and see if anyone caught it

Keith Tanner
1/22/20 3:34 p.m.

A big black box of shox arrived. I'll start a new thread tomorrow with the deets.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/22/20 3:56 p.m.

Im really looking forward to this. 

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/22/20 4:20 p.m.

Woooo yeah!

Keith Tanner
1/23/20 10:30 a.m.

Spoiler alert: it's not all sunshine and daffodils. Tune into our Facebook Live today (2pm Mountain, replays available on our YouTube channel) for a bit of chat about two-piece shocks vs single piece shocks. It's not specifically about these coilovers, just about this design choice in general.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/20 11:00 a.m.

For the price point, all things considered after lubing the crap out of all the threads after disassembling and reassembling them to slow down the effects of road salt, i'm enjoying them on my street only wrx versus the kyb gr-2 and 244k mile springs.  It's not a car i would drop $800 on suspension for, but at the same time I couldn't get loaded chinese factory style junk for it for $190 either.  They're not sniffing the Afco aluminum shock/QA1 spring combo on the wartburg, but I didn't go in expecting that.  

i think there's a place in the market for them, especially as someone with a very limited budget (or a challenge budget) trying to just be a little more decent than whatever is there now.  

disclaimer:  Tessie has been cool to me, and I am going to hopefully be testing a big turbo next, for challenge purposes.  I'm trying to look at the products from the perspective of quality for the price.  I can't justify $400 or more for challenge car shocks and springs but $200 or so brings into the realm of possibility, and that's how i've gone into this 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cKw1J1fB8hkLltHFxgnIw6HMDXjF1BPEnNtj0wWxOOiwD3LSO0Ibf7rwuoGcE5lc