1 2
grover
grover GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/1/18 7:20 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I pulled the connector to look at that one and there was no oil in the connector so I called it good.  I probably need to get the scan program and do as you say.  

grover
11/1/18 7:21 a.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

I think that's going to be my path after the scan program.  

The crazy thing is that this truck started this morning on what felt like the first rotation of the starter- basically instantaneous starting, and it runs dead perfect 99.99% of the time.  

grover
11/1/18 7:34 a.m.

ordered the obd2 adaptor so I can run Forscan (yes, dumb name). I'll update next week. 

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
11/1/18 5:38 p.m.

That's what I was thinking as well, but I've got a basically brand new fuel filter housing and filter.  Also, I just checked all the hoses. 

Well that counts for something by process of elimination but the filter housing is not what makes pressure. There's a 2 stage mechanical fuel pump in the engine valley between the filter housing and the turbo ( i think?) and I'm suspecting an issue with that. My 'drainback' theory is pretty vague because i dont know if there is aspring loaded valve on the filter housing somewhere that (should) prevent that, or if it relies on the check-valve inside of the fuel pump to  keep the filter housing from draining down.  Whichever part keeps it from draining down is suspect! Just something to look into.

grover
11/28/18 3:42 p.m.

Well- time for some closure.  It ended up being a bad tank of diesel I believe.  After running a couple of tanks through it, it runs perfectly again.  It's frustrating really. I'm not sure I mentioned it in this thread, but the gas station that I used to buy the tank when this all started covered up their diesel pumps just after I got my tanks. All in all I'm glad it's not something else, I did some preventative maintenance and the chip seems to be working properly.  I drove it to Tennessee and back over the holidays and I can confirm that at 80mph I get just over 18 mpg.   

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/28/18 4:39 p.m.

In reply to grover :

Thanks for the follow-up post.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6EWs47wLCOQSwwQvK62osIvc1SHh0o4ujSUYvgxisQHg6xAVGkL9ge0gOYVCblyt