mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/12/19 8:50 a.m.

I know there are a few LR enthusiasts here. I recently located heavier duty, stock height springs for my disco2. I don't want to raise it, as it would look silly on the stock rims and tyres. The company in question makes rears for both series, but only front springs for the series 1. I know the rears on both trucks are different with the Disco2 have longer and beefier radius arms.. but I can't find any info on if they changed anything but the bolt pattern from Disco1 to Disco2 

Kingkong
Kingkong New Reader
8/12/19 9:08 a.m.

I have not had a Disco 2 so can't really say but every time you are looking online at Disco 1 parts they are always interchangeable between the D1/RRC/Defender. Therefore, I think they are different.  Call Lucky8, they are always willing to help the LR community.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/12/19 10:16 a.m.

Posted the question to my local offroad chat and a Land Rover/Bowler driver said they're different.

Edit: My offroad mechanic is going to physically check.

mad_machine
8/14/19 2:53 p.m.

sorry to bump this.. just wanted to find out if you learned anything, Gameboy.

I just find it odd that I can get stock hight heavy duty springs for the Series 1.. but only raised or lowered for the series 2. Granted, I am understanding that if go with lowered I will be still higher than I am due to how weak the original springs were.

GameboyRMH
8/14/19 2:57 p.m.

Mechanic seems to have forgotten...I'm gonna stop by him tomorrow night and find out, he has both springs at the shop.

Edit: May be able to stop over there tonight

GameboyRMH
8/14/19 7:26 p.m.

Looks like the Gen1 springs are about 3" longer. Gen1 model:

Gen2 model:

That's the 10" mark in line with the crease in the spring seat.

The mechanic also said that many springs are shared between Discoveries and Defenders.

mad_machine
8/21/19 10:36 p.m.

well, was worth a try. I just can't figure out why stock height, HD front springs are unicorns. I can get three inches raised and two inches lowered, but not stock height.

GameboyRMH
8/22/19 10:43 a.m.

Maybe get the HD lift springs and chop them a bit? Of course this would also make them harder. Maybe regular-duty lift springs and chop them?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KpPcMRmUwfcRCoHmdezCLgEiucarI6i5ZVEQRchmY8mfSo9ReeuETADapyshQ1YL