mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/29/16 6:36 p.m.

I know land rover had an option that extended the stock rails all the way to the back of the roof. They seem almost impossible to find.. I don't want to turn my disco into a safari vehicle, I just to transport my newest boat and perhaps some plywood on occasion. As such I would prefer the optional stock parts.. anybody have any or know anybody who might?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/29/16 7:20 p.m.

There's been a Disco sitting outside with a broken side window for a couple of years around the corner from where I work. I'll try to take a look next week and see if it has them.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/30/16 11:50 a.m.

Yes, but its NLA from Land Rover. You want part number STC50034AA.

These don't extend the short rail, they are full length rails that replace them.

Woody
5/30/16 1:01 p.m.
Woody wrote: There's been a Disco sitting outside with a broken side window for a couple of years around the corner from where I work. I'll try to take a look next week and see if it has them.

Hard to tell from Google Earth if it has the long rails or not.

White Disco from Space

Woody
6/8/16 1:23 p.m.
Woody wrote:
Woody wrote: There's been a Disco sitting outside with a broken side window for a couple of years around the corner from where I work. I'll try to take a look next week and see if it has them.
Hard to tell from Google Earth if it has the long rails or not. White Disco from Space

Alas, no long rails.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/8/16 3:03 p.m.

oh well.. I might see about getting some tubular ones made up. Need to find a welder who can deal in small diameter thin wall tubing and have two welded up to hit all the attachment points on the roof

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
6/8/16 7:46 p.m.

I looked for about 2 years for those roof rail extensions and was never able to find a set. Your best bet is to get another set of them from a junked Disco and have someone with a tig welder straighten them and put them together, then at least they would look right and you could use the factory mounting hardware.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lh3yMrGJnN2asstwgJ1SLjxNnEeEU6w6ISVWVxm5bHGngMqzRY04tcvxL3sJ9yxL