1 2
hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/1/19 1:23 p.m.

I know I'm not the only one that saw this on their news feed this AM.

Auction Catalog

The title of the article was needless spam bait. This collection is pretty unique. Cool motorcycles, sprint cars, midgets, parts, engine, Peugeots, Alfas, Maserati, Citroen, and more. Because of the breadth and depth, there may be some deals to be had here. 

Too many faves to post all the picts, but here is a taste.

And many, many more.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/19 1:54 p.m.

I’m going to do myself a favor and stay home.  

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/19 2:11 p.m.

Is that a Kent bellhousing adaptor on that DFV???

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/1/19 4:05 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

This is as odd a collection as that Norwalk auction last year.  I think it is the same auction company. 

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
6/1/19 4:56 p.m.

I’ll be in Ludington on that day, grab me something cool, as long as it goes for less than $2k.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
6/1/19 5:18 p.m.

Is this what I think it is?  

Cuz' it looks a lot like this: Related image

79rex
79rex New Reader
6/1/19 5:39 p.m.

I think I would get along very well with whoever put this collection together.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/19 5:41 p.m.

Those Marcos...

I might need a minute...

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
6/1/19 6:53 p.m.

I prebid a few items about a month ago.  I don't see any hope of getting any of them.

Brotus7
Brotus7 HalfDork
6/1/19 8:11 p.m.

Wow, that dude was really into midgets, flat heads and wierd stuff.

I think the Lotus v8 would be right at home in the Elan or a TVR 

Patrick
6/1/19 8:32 p.m.

Ok i lied i’m totally bidding on a jensen interceptor 

hobiercr
6/1/19 8:39 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

"You are bidding on a Ford Formula 1 Fuel Injected motor. Come with many extra parts."

hobiercr
6/1/19 8:40 p.m.

The Peugot 504 looks SO much like a Fiat 124 Sport coupe. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
6/1/19 8:51 p.m.

There has to be some cars that will go at challenge prices.  Heck, I  would not bid more than 2k for the Alfa.  Way too much work to bring that back.  Even better that there are so many other cool cars, bikes, and engines being auctioned off.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
6/2/19 4:55 a.m.
alfadriver said:

There has to be some cars that will go at challenge prices.  Heck, I  would not bid more than 2k for the Alfa.  Way too much work to bring that back.  Even better that there are so many other cool cars, bikes, and engines being auctioned off.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. You gotta be able to pick up something that would blow challenge judges/entrants minds for less than $2K. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/2/19 5:28 a.m.

In reply to DrBoost :

There are a lot of Maseratis from the Biturbo era being offered! devil

There are like 8 Quattroporte sedans. That should be enough to make one runner. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
6/2/19 6:08 a.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to Patrick :

This is as odd a collection as that Norwalk auction last year.  I think it is the same auction company. 

She is awesome, I talked to her fifteen years ago and she said she has a team that go out make sure the auction offered is cool enough! We went to a couple in Iowa and Minnesota that blew our minds.

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
6/2/19 8:07 a.m.
DrBoost said:
alfadriver said:

That’s exactly what I was thinking. You gotta be able to pick up something that would blow challenge judges/entrants minds for less than $2K. 

VanDerBrink always has a few sleepers, but the auction house is well known, and the serious players always show up.   Multiple rings are common, so it is a good idea to bring a friend or three to help keep track.   

Or to check it out in advance, and prebid.  Plenty of people get caught up in bidding, sometimes to make up for one that got away, so they overbid something that they didn't check out/research properly.   Figure out your max bid, and be prepared to let it get away.

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/2/19 8:26 a.m.

Oh... Those Peugeot wagons are calling my name. One of them could be fun to play with. But I'm not in a position to get one now. The race van needs sold to free up money and the truck needs to be running. Oh, well. Add them to the list to look for later.

Patrick
6/2/19 8:45 a.m.
Cooter said:
DrBoost said:
alfadriver said:

VanDerBrink always has a few sleepers, but the auction house is well known, and the serious players always show up.   Multiple rings are common, so it is a good idea to bring a friend or three to help keep track.   

Or to check it out in advance, and prebid.  Plenty of people get caught up in bidding, sometimes to make up for one that got away, so they overbid something that they didn't check out/research properly.   Figure out your max bid, and be prepared to let it get away.

At the hackenberger auction we probably got the best deal by lowballing about 40 cars.  We got the 41 Studebaker President blasted with no rust and fresh paint for $700.  

I have my bidding approval.  

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
6/2/19 9:00 a.m.
Patrick said:
Cooter said:
DrBoost said:
alfadriver said:

At the hackenberger auction we probably got the best deal by lowballing about 40 cars.  We got the 41 Studebaker President blasted with no rust and fresh paint for $700.  

I have to update my card information with them today, but i am planning to bid on an interceptor 

That's one of the best strategies possible.    Never fall in love with anything at an auction.

Patrick
6/2/19 9:03 a.m.

I bid on 2 of them.  devil

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
6/2/19 9:09 a.m.

I'd love to have one of the Jawas for a display bike in the living room.  The space seems naked since I sold the Guzzi Monza...

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/2/19 9:53 a.m.

I guess it's time for me to start bidding on some Peugeots. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
6/2/19 2:25 p.m.

I want that bitter!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GKZBZimNMKvgOtmPabDLPZLLmtDbXuJ0XjqLaY8kXTh4AVp7z0XPT4AzjAvYEmkL