1 2
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
1/23/13 9:31 a.m.

Decedent capitalist swine. You have a whole 1.15ish liters of fury in that car.

This is a toaster.

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
1/23/13 9:42 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I want a first gen xb. They arent that slow with a manual. Easily scratch second gear pretty well.

I had a 5spd first-gen xB. And yes, they are that slow with a manual. :) Great fun, though!

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
1/23/13 9:47 a.m.
Lugnut wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: I want a first gen xb. They arent that slow with a manual. Easily scratch second gear pretty well.
I had a 5spd first-gen xB. And yes, they are that slow with a manual. :) Great fun, though!

I didn't find it THAT much slower than my Celica at the time... but i guess that was also a slow car.

The one i drove was on TRD springs, it was a RIOT tossing that thing around backroads. VERY slick-feeling shifter, and the seating position and layout work really well for that thing!

Jerry
Jerry Reader
1/23/13 10:46 a.m.

In reply to alex,

Yes, or five or six. ClubxB, Scikotics, ScionLife, and many more. I rarely visit them now unless I'm looking for parts/ideas, but Scikotics is a good one because they have chapters of members all over the country. I belong to the Cincinnati chapter and it's fairly active.

In reply to Swank Force One,

I've added Tannabe DF210 springs, TRD rear sway, generic front strut brace, poly bushings and Yokohama S-Drive tires. Agreed on the fun of slinging it around. It may not be fast (added an Injen CAI and Strupp exhaust though) but it takes the corners well.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
1/23/13 10:46 a.m.

(I can't believe this thread made it to page 2 before this got posted... )

Jerry
Jerry Reader
1/23/13 10:52 a.m.
ditchdigger wrote:
banzaitoyota wrote: Wife has a Soul
As does my girlfriend. I wish it was the Scion. I watched a couple load a bathtub, vanity and toilet into one in the home depot parking lot, close the doors and drive away in comfort. In contrast the Soul has only slightly more usable interior space than my GTI. That narrow hatch really cuts into its usability.

Seriously. One weekend I loaded a clothes dryer bought on craigslist, stopped at the hobby store and bought a decent sized radio control car (in a big box), picked up my girlfriend and some luggage, a bag or two for me, and still plenty of room. Then autocrossed the next day.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/23/13 11:15 a.m.
petegossett wrote: My plumber/friend has one.

Testicle??

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
1/23/13 11:19 a.m.
Ian F wrote: (I can't believe this thread made it to page 2 before this got posted... )

Or, this:

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/23/13 11:33 a.m.

I searched for one at Challenge friendly prices for a while.

We were going to include a game console in the back, and call it "The X-Box".

Jerry
Jerry Reader
1/23/13 11:55 a.m.

God luck with that quest. They seem to hold their value rather well, which makes me happy.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
1/23/13 12:15 p.m.
old_ wrote:
Dr. Hess wrote: 1UZFE Europa, y0: (from a xA, but, hey, that's as close as I got.)
1NZFE

oops. My bad. Must have 1uz on the brain.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
1/23/13 12:16 p.m.
Jerry wrote:
ditchdigger wrote: As does my girlfriend. I wish it was the Scion. I watched a couple load a bathtub, vanity and toilet into one in the home depot parking lot, close the doors and drive away in comfort. In contrast the Soul has only slightly more usable interior space than my GTI. That narrow hatch really cuts into its usability.
Seriously. One weekend I loaded a clothes dryer bought on craigslist, stopped at the hobby store and bought a decent sized radio control car (in a big box), picked up my girlfriend and some luggage, a bag or two for me, and still plenty of room. Then autocrossed the next day.

When it comes to hauling stuff, few things can beat a big box on wheels. This is why I want another van since I already have a station wagon for hauling smaller stuff.

EvanR
EvanR HalfDork
1/23/13 12:22 p.m.

Seriously agree on the room, but make sure stuff isn't too heavy. One day I picked up my girlfriend's new mobility scooter and a 95-gallon trash can.

As for slow, it's not horribly bad with just a driver inside. I can't begin to imagine how horrible it must be with 5 passengers and luggage.

My biggest (only, really) complaint is the gearing. 4000rpm at 80mph makes for a very annoying road trip.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
D9FYUbcYArY3PmlImgvgIMpZyTLTsrPZkSerdrAGJyq1ViMi6XuicKJ1bqlA6DiX