1 2
Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/12/18 9:25 p.m.

The brake fluid in my 996 was amber in the reservoir and super blue in the calipers.  It had been at least two years since it had a brake service, (not under my care.)

I think the fluid is pretty stagnant.

rothwem
rothwem New Reader
6/13/18 9:56 a.m.

While it might not "circulate" like coolant, wouldn't the fluid be heated down at the wheels during braking, causing it to expand and become less dense, then rise in the brake line?  

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UberDork
6/13/18 10:07 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Tried this kit once never got use to the feeling of the pedal with it installed it did help my boil over problems but I tossed it and got better pads.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia New Reader
6/13/18 12:41 p.m.
Tyler H said:

The brake fluid in my 996 was amber in the reservoir and super blue in the calipers.  It had been at least two years since it had a brake service, (not under my care.)

Interesting ,  any idea if the Amber fluid  and the Super Blue were both the same "Dot" 3 or 4

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/13/18 5:29 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:
Tyler H said:

Interesting ,  any idea if the Amber fluid  and the Super Blue were both the same "Dot" 3 or 4

No clue.  Replaced with ATE type 200.  Also, modernish cars with ABS may pose barriers to how far north brake fluid can migrate from the calipers.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NODoxc0K8GtB7SXMs3VXsXQDlZCegMue2108O3f2H25JHFVxBLGiNaTEqaBQUYcw