1 2 3
m_walker26
m_walker26 New Reader
1/28/14 8:40 a.m.

Driving to work today I got behind a small station wagon with a multitude of stickers on the back. My immediate thought was "what the E36M3 is that Canoe trying to do?" This forum is starting to creep into my head. It may be some gummint plot to control our thoughts ! GRM may be a secret gummint agency to cut us from the herd for further processing.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
1/28/14 9:01 a.m.

(secret)It's not the gummimint. It's the rebels. Shhhhh. Buy fabrication equipment. Grow your own food. Establish a pattern of civil disobedience. Further instructions will follow.(/secret)

EDIT: berkeley. Did I send that in plain text? Ummm.... nevermind

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/28/14 9:03 a.m.

The day you say 'Berkley" out loud instead of the F-bomb, you have truly become one of us.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
1/28/14 9:05 a.m.

I've said "Berk!" Luckily no one was around.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/28/14 9:07 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: I've said "Berk!" Luckily no one was around.

The wife looked at me real strange

RossD
RossD PowerDork
1/28/14 9:19 a.m.

I bought a Miata, of course this place has an effect on me.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
1/28/14 9:29 a.m.

Live and on the air. Yes. It does.

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
1/28/14 9:30 a.m.

I thought, "sure, no prob, of course I can hang this borgwarner turbo on my mazda, all I gotta do is make a new manifold".. so yeah it has. Thanks ever so much...

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UberDork
1/28/14 9:43 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: The day you say 'Berkley" out loud instead of the F-bomb, you have truly become one of us.

i do this. All the time.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
1/28/14 9:47 a.m.

I've used "berkley that" and "hooning" and people looked at me strangely. Most folks don't get my "The answer is always Miata" T-shirt. I've also had someone comment about the GRM forum when I used the word "hooning", .

chrispy
chrispy Reader
1/28/14 10:10 a.m.

I started using "berkley" more often and used "hootus" in recent conversation. So much knowledge here I start coversations with "I read x on GRM today".

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
1/28/14 10:29 a.m.

Yeah, I almost say "Berk" on a daily basis....This means 1. that GRM is creeping into my mind, and 2. I cuss a lot.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/28/14 12:36 p.m.

Berk no, it doesn't alter how I think.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/28/14 12:42 p.m.

"Hooning" is slang of Aussie/Kiwi origin, and "hootus" originated on a Land Rover forum...just so you know

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
1/28/14 12:54 p.m.

yes - used to wonder if engine x would fit in chassis y. Now I know the answer is always yes and can be done for about the cost of a bag of chips.

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
1/28/14 1:02 p.m.

i must admit to saying "berk" out loud. In fact, I don't use profanity in real life that isn't GRM censored. does that make me a GRM equivalent of a hipster? If so I did it before it was cool.

Nah, that's a lie, it was cool way before I got here. I guess I fail at being a real hipster.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Reader
1/28/14 1:23 p.m.

I always did wonder what berkley meant.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
1/28/14 1:26 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Clutch42:

Read up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grassroots_Motorsports

djsilver
djsilver New Reader
1/28/14 3:48 p.m.

Does the forum affect my thinking? Of course! I've picked up all kinds of bad habits and spent money on things I'd never have thought of on my own. ;-)

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/28/14 4:08 p.m.

I bought a $500 P71. That's not running. And 1200 miles away. No. No, this forum has not, in any way affected my thinking.

motomad1
motomad1 Reader
1/28/14 4:31 p.m.

I always thought everyone were gaduates from USC, berkley

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
1/28/14 4:46 p.m.

This forum hasn't affected me at all... By the way, what is the best engine swap I can perform on my Volvo Amazon that I traded a case of beer for using only a screwdriver and hammer while qualifying for the under $1,ooo class at the Challenge?

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
1/28/14 5:04 p.m.

Yes it has. I'll explain: I used to think I was cool because I did a spring-over lift in my Samurai, lifted my XJ, bled brakes, replaced calipers, rebuilt drums, bent a new brake line without leaks...

Then I log on here and see an LSx swapped into just about everything, I see late BMW motors swapped into E30's. I see home built turbo manifolds, megasquirt tuned everything and every-single-Berkeleying-question I've ever asked get answered by a dozen or more guys within the hour (for free mind you).

I realized I'm not as cool as I thought I was...

Graefin10
Graefin10 SuperDork
1/28/14 6:18 p.m.

I think we must affect each other in more ways than we know. I've been looking at ads. for 6 cyl. Mustangs and looking for a decent Falcon just BEFORE the Old Falcon thread showed up.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
1/28/14 6:23 p.m.

Thinking? What is this thinking you speak of?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JBV5eGTmM20m1K1Tyj4LIADzv6XJcJwezhbJ4fKqjIIpYJ0Ul6vCeGgKex86V0vh