1 2
ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
2/10/19 7:47 a.m.

Decided I needed to get off my butt and cut down some trees and rebuild an ailing fence panel before spring hits. After hitting the hardware giant for 42 fence slats, 4 2x4x8s and hardware I backed the truck up to use as a workbench.

An SUV would have easily done the same job I guess, but I've really missed having a pickup. With the tailgate down 8' stock was no problem and 10' wouldnt be either, even with the short bed.

No point here other than YAY PICK 'EM UP TRUCKS!

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/10/19 7:54 a.m.

I excel at making my truck do truck stuff 

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
2/10/19 8:00 a.m.

Yeah, trucks are nice, especially when you need a truck.

02Pilot
02Pilot SuperDork
2/10/19 8:22 a.m.

I need a truck.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
2/10/19 8:36 a.m.

I also need a truck.  Decided I would get the cars in shape before adding a new member to the fleet.  I really miss being able to toss whatever needed in the bed.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
2/10/19 11:46 a.m.

Got rid of the dodge and got a Ford last year. Trucks are good to have

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/10/19 11:50 a.m.

You probably can bring home a salvage rotary in an SUV, but it's much simpler with a truck.

90BuickCentury
90BuickCentury New Reader
2/10/19 1:33 p.m.

I love trucks. It makes it so much easier to acquire additional vehicles, especially ones that are of questionable drivability and are a long distance away. I have now towed vehicles from 5 different states to increase my automotive accumulation. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
2/10/19 2:49 p.m.

I love my truck for doing truck things.  I also love that my truck is old enough that screwing a saw or vice to the tailgate just adds character.

I love small cars, but if I had to pare down to only one vehicle, it would be my truck.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/10/19 5:39 p.m.

My 99 Silverado has been mobile storage for a M20/trans combo. I got the Miata back on the road this weekend just so I wasn't driving all over hauling it. 

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
2/10/19 5:45 p.m.

It's a heck of a lot easier putting a 45 year old motorcycle in a truck than in a small SUV.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
2/10/19 5:45 p.m.

I'm over her bumming a truck to haul home stuff to finish my cars while my broken truck sits. I am not a smart person.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
2/10/19 7:34 p.m.

I have so many towing pictures and a tiny minority involve pickup trucks. But trucks are cool!

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
2/10/19 7:57 p.m.
Cooter said:

Yeah, trucks are nice, especially when you need a truck.

Nice rig Cooter!!

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
2/10/19 7:59 p.m.
Patrick said:

I excel at making my truck do truck stuff 

P'man, what you got in that trailer son?......and don't say ....tools

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/10/19 8:20 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Nothing, that was the day I bought the trailer.  This night, however, it had a 94 z28 and a 94 miata in it, tongue heavy load from the camaro being nosed all the way into the v to make both cars fit.  Also had 4 truck wheels/tires, 2 c5 wheels/tires, 10 bolt camaro rear end, 4 c5 wheels a 9” center section, wide 5 wheel adapters, 2 jacks in the trailer and in the bed had an lt1 short block, 2 sets heads, intakes, camaro seat, tools, boxes of misc parts.  Enough that the bed was full to the top of the rails and there was no more room in the trailer.  I make my out of town trips count

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
2/10/19 8:26 p.m.
Patrick said:

In reply to 759NRNG :

Nothing, that was the day I bought the trailer.  This night, however, it had a 94 z28 and a 94 miata in it, tongue heavy load from the camaro being nosed all the way into the v to make both cars fit.  Also had 4 truck wheels/tires, 2 c5 wheels/tires, 10 bolt camaro rear end, 4 c5 wheels a 9” center section, wide 5 wheel adapters, 2 jacks in the trailer and in the bed had an lt1 short block, 2 sets heads, intakes, camaro seat, tools, boxes or misc parts.  Enough that the bed was full to the top of the rails and there was no more room in the trailer

Okay, is this one of those moments where the equalizer hitch thingy comes into play?    uh nice rig bud...

dclafleur
dclafleur New Reader
2/11/19 8:46 a.m.

Nice, I added a second truck to my bad ideas collection last week because I like doing truck stuff almost as much as I like doing car stuff.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
2/11/19 9:04 a.m.

I wish I had a small truck to go with my big truck. 90% of my truck stuff could be done with a manual transmission 80's mini truck and I think it would be a LOT more fun than driving my big truck. 

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
5/23/20 10:38 p.m.

Bump!  Manual trans 90s mini'ish-truck doing some work.  Patrick hooked me up with some orange gold.  The truck took it better than I did. 

Still haven't unloaded as the "romp it in reverse and slam on the brakes" didn't work on the grass.

pjbgravely
pjbgravely HalfDork
5/23/20 11:50 p.m.

No photos but I hauled compost out to the garden to spread it. It kept beeping at me when ever I opened the drivers door with the engine running. It also wanted me to put on my seatbelt to drive 5 feet. I guess even trucks don't expect you to do truck stuff with them anymore.

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/24/20 5:02 a.m.

A new motorcycle lift coming home. A small truck is all I need at this stage of my life.

rattfink81
rattfink81 Reader
5/24/20 5:13 a.m.

We have two trucks, their our back up vehicles/home stead/hardware store runners. No pics, just collecting fire wood, clearing brush on the property, and picking up hay/feed for the animals. 

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
5/24/20 8:47 a.m.

I love doing truck stuff. Must be something wrong with me, since I've been doing more truck stuff than car stuff lately.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/24/20 8:50 a.m.

Hit 190,000 miles doing truck stuff last week.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yePZpdKChkVrAtYR6FkTVlbr5p6ereNfxXw4vp1YEG8LzWtGLA1bYYaDBHICsmyb