1 2
Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
1/18/18 5:12 p.m.

Ok I was trying to put the pads in to the "bracket" and then mount it into the caliper I will try mounting the bracket first, then pads into it, then sliders

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
1/18/18 6:03 p.m.

That was surprisingly easy doing it that way, I found a vice I could use to push the piston back it made my nice clean "apple juice" of new fluid from when I did the rears all murkey so I drained it and replaced it again before I do the front stainless lines.

Any suggestions on how long to gravity bleed them for if I am just letting it pee on the caliper?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/18/18 6:22 p.m.

Go to HomeDeLoweNards and get some clear plastic (vinyl?  Tygon?  Whatever) tubing that barely fits onto the bleed screw.  Loop it up over the suspension, then down into a clear bottle.  When the fluid coming out is clean, that corner is done.  Might take 15 minutes per corner, and you'll have to top off the MC A bunch of times.  

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
1/18/18 6:45 p.m.

hmm not near that much seemed to come out when I did the rears it was definitely coming out but I never had to top it off really the fluid was bright yellow applejuice like what I put in however. We also have snowy icy roads right now so I have to make due with what I have in the garage if I want to finish this

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9qrWrMKS4pycSykhUPIUxHSQfPlmYCKLIH2UndLQH5GqQQuK1MCPbXJHbt37Fp05