1 2 3 4
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/23/17 10:57 a.m.

I just got a reminder that our local Porsche Club of America group is doing something Saturday morning. To be ahead of the game, I'm going to play car Tetris later today so the 911 has a clear shot out of the garage.

What does the rest of the gang have planned?

NickD
NickD SuperDork
6/23/17 11:02 a.m.

Giving the Miata a front end refresh Saturday with new front lower control arms, new wheel bearings, adjustable sway bar end links and those sick billet sway bar brackets. Then going autocrossing with the CNY SCCA at Cayuga Community College in Fulton, NY on Sunday

wae
wae Dork
6/23/17 11:04 a.m.

Just waiting on UPS to arrive with my new axles and hubs. If I can get it all back together tonight, it's playing in the dirt at OVR SCCA's RallyX points event #3 for me tomorrow!

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
6/23/17 11:05 a.m.

install hitch on girlfriends cruise because my truck is broken and I want go biking.

then do some tidying up on the rally car, need to check a wheel bearing (or control arm bushing) and replace engine mounts - hell I may even wash the thing...

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/23/17 11:05 a.m.

I think The Great Race is starting downtown Jacksonville tomorrow so we'll probably go to it instead of working on the K30.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/23/17 11:16 a.m.

Prep challenge Datsun for Roadkill Ziptie Drags

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/23/17 11:22 a.m.

Putting the headliner back in the R class and maybe heading up to Mid Ohio on Sunday for the Vintage GP. Going up to Cleveland Saturday morning to check this out: Cleveland Tank Plant Homecoming Military Show and Swap Meet and hopefully buying a set of wheels.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
6/23/17 11:24 a.m.

Supposed to rain here Saturday so I'll probably do some oil changes in the shop. The Maz6 is overdue and I just realized my F250 is too. Don't know if I have can get the tanker ship scheduled in to have enough oil to change the Powerstroke with only one day's notice...

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/23/17 11:28 a.m.

Was hoping to head out to Harrisburg for rally cross, but looks like welding practice instead.

So, sort of car related?

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
6/23/17 11:31 a.m.

Attempting to drill out the fender bolts that someone broke the last time they had my Miata apart, so I can fix this

It's gonna have black fenders for a bit. I don't hate the look as much as I thought I would.

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
6/23/17 11:34 a.m.

SCCA majors at the Glen.(spectator)

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
6/23/17 11:34 a.m.

Canadian nationals.
Assuming I can get my tires mounted and balanced.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/23/17 11:39 a.m.

In reply to RevRico:

If you do end up out this way, give me a shout and maybe we can grab a beer or something.

I'm planning on finishing up the wiring on the RX7 and getting the instrument cluster back together and in the car, which should just be a casual few hours of work. Might take the Jeep out exploring then, since I haven't done that in forever. Oh yea, almost forgot my priority #1 for the weekend, the lawnmower needs to be made fully functional come hell or high water.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
6/23/17 11:40 a.m.

I'll probably drink a beer and look at my car in the garage. Does that count?

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
6/23/17 11:41 a.m.

wiring and plumbing for the TR4

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
6/23/17 11:47 a.m.

Autocrossing in Stockton

Has been well into the triple digits, record high temps all week. Supposed to cool off to 103* today. In the morning group on Saturday, afternoon on Sunday. I am optimistic that my shoes will not melt while I am working the course.

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/23/17 11:49 a.m.

See if I can figure out why the front suspension on my FD is clunking. After that, wander down to Laguna Seca where a friend of mine is driving an electric sports racer in an all-electric-car track day.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/23/17 11:51 a.m.

I'm making my circle track racing debut! I've never done full laps on a circle track or had this car any faster than 25 mph around my block!!

photo AD4C6445-A53E-400E-B502-2B2A19D84E9B_zpshe1du2gf.jpg

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/23/17 11:54 a.m.

Researching sim racing stuff again. Sold my old setup 1.5 years ago, realize with changing priorities I doubt I'll ever build an HPDE car again........and don't really want to risk my DD doing it.

So I'm just going to get back into iRacing.........but damn have nice monitors become much more expensive in the 3 years since I last purchased some!

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
6/23/17 12:02 p.m.

Fingers crossed, I'll be buying a '06 R53 JCW slick-top.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
6/23/17 12:02 p.m.

Considering trekking over to Louisville to autocross with Spoolpigeon et all.

RoddyMac17
RoddyMac17 Reader
6/23/17 12:07 p.m.

I'll be finishing up an aluminium gas tank for an Elan, then pulling the body back off the Europa to finish up the cooling system and brake line routing, if I have enough time I might get a chance to pull the front suspension apart in order to install some spring spacers on the coil overs and never-seize everything.

Devilsolsi
Devilsolsi Reader
6/23/17 12:11 p.m.

Watching the Indy race on tv...does that count?

Instead I will be finishing our basement bathroom remodel and starting to gut the kitchen.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/23/17 12:19 p.m.

Mount the front license plate holder to the new car and it's got an appointment to get the windows tinted tomorrow morning. I'm sure there are a few friends wanting to see the car so I'll probably hook up with them at some point.

Then I need to clear out room in the garage to park it and load up Ebay with my prior projects crap that are no longer here. Also, I've got to grab some file cabinets from my wife's office for additional parts/tools storage.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/23/17 12:19 p.m.
Lof8 wrote: I'm making my circle track racing debut! I've never done full laps on a circle track or had this car any faster than 25 mph around my block!!  photo AD4C6445-A53E-400E-B502-2B2A19D84E9B_zpshe1du2gf.jpg

Thank you for running our sticker, and good luck this weekend.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rtWhBEmk6woatshFkc47qanBqTgtACTqDJTIJ5cH79zPfvr2zytisPGgRoK5O2d1