1 2 3 4
kanaric
kanaric Dork
6/23/17 5:57 p.m.

If it's not deathly hot this weekend i'm going to take the intake manifold off my car and replace the turbo water lines and check the heater core for leaks.

I have a feeling this project is going to be waiting a few months.

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
6/23/17 7:15 p.m.

Nobody ever died taking an intake manifold off, just start really early

Fr3AkAzOiD
Fr3AkAzOiD Reader
6/23/17 7:24 p.m.

Raleigh classic car auction at the nc state fairgrounds is this weekend.

Won't be buying but its nice to look.

classic car auction

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
6/23/17 7:26 p.m.

Im painting the miata sunday in the driveway. Does that count?

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/23/17 7:40 p.m.

It's Scrapin' the Coast this weekend, which as far as I can tell is an odd mashup of traditional lowriders, lifted pickups, and drift cars. I'm not sure what actual events are going on, but I'll be checking out what's rolling down the coast throughout the weekend.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/23/17 7:43 p.m.

I just met oldopelguy on his way from boston to south dakota.

Tom1200
Tom1200 HalfDork
6/23/17 7:55 p.m.

Probably not, it was 115 today and ooooh it's going to plunge to 112 for the weekend.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
6/23/17 8:49 p.m.

Not exactly CAR related, but how about Jeep related?

docwyte
docwyte Dork
6/23/17 9:29 p.m.

Installed a new set of motor mounts, radiator, water pump, radiator shroud and electric fan conversion in my E36 M3 today.

Couldn't finish because nobody in town sells diodes, which I need to wire the fan.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/23/17 9:38 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Im painting the miata sunday in the driveway. Does that count?

I'm expecting a write up of this you know.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/23/17 9:42 p.m.

Putting a starter on my buddy's Arntz Cobra. Maybe going to the Cars and Coffee at Lingenfelter in Novi.

Crxpilot
Crxpilot New Reader
6/23/17 10:01 p.m.

Helping a good friend diagnose his "three times a charm" starting problem on his Tahoe tomorrow. I'm thinking it's a weak fuel pump but we'll see.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
6/23/17 10:03 p.m.

I will be attending the KC Missouri maker faire tomorrow with a section devoted to the KC low rider club. That qualifies, I think.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
6/23/17 10:10 p.m.

I'm watching Smokey and the bandit right now.

That's probably gonna be it.

wawazat
wawazat Reader
6/23/17 10:12 p.m.

Just cleaned up for night after getting the FITech conversion on my '69 Cougar fired up. Tomorrow AM going to help Dad get one of the split windows and his new radiator in his '63 Corvette. Sunday I can finish the Cougar and get it on the road for the self-learning for the FI. I'm really impressed with what I see so far.

JAhmed
JAhmed Reader
6/24/17 1:35 a.m.

Going to my last Cleveland Cars and Coffee with the Cayman...moving to Chicago on Tuesday, so it'll be a good chance to say goodbye to my fellow NE Ohio car enthusiasts. Weather supposed to be awesome, so it'll be good driving weather also

Pete Gossett
6/24/17 6:21 a.m.

In reply to wawazat:

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the FiTech. I'm giving it strong consideration for the Vette. Which version did you use?

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi PowerDork
6/24/17 6:39 a.m.

Taking my kids to see Cars 3, if that counts.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
6/24/17 6:45 a.m.
Stampie wrote:
Dusterbd13 wrote: Im painting the miata sunday in the driveway. Does that count?
I'm expecting a write up of this you know.

Ill do my best. Probably be in the build thread.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem HalfDork
6/24/17 7:00 a.m.

Continue yanking more weight outta the C4 Challenge car.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/24/17 11:39 p.m.

Put truck on the lift and poked around hoping I was not a rear main seal. Determined that I am going to pay my guy at the local trans shop to replace the rear main seal. The AWD system on this thing makes the trans removal a serious pita.

Going to order new parts for my drivers seat so I can replace the heater the foam seat and the seat leather on the drivers seat as it is trashed.

I also have to adjust the steering box on the h2.

Replace the front brake lines with the ss ones I ordered last winter on the h2.

Replace the fount lines on the Denali as a preventive measure.

Replace the belts and hoses in the Denali.

If I get real ambitious I need to replace the exhaust manifold bolts in both the H2 and the Denali.

Pete Gossett
6/25/17 6:15 a.m.
Pete Gossett wrote: It's Scrapin' the Coast this weekend, which as far as I can tell is an odd mashup of traditional lowriders, lifted pickups, and drift cars. I'm not sure what actual events are going on, but I'll be checking out what's rolling down the coast throughout the weekend.

I spent about 1/2-hour last night checking out the action. It was mostly lifted pickups, but I did see two cool cars. I was on my bike, so sadly no pics, but the first was basically the cab section from a deuce coupe, smooshed, with 57 Chevy front/rear fiberglass(also smooshed). It looked like it was possibly a fully tube-frame funnycar.

I also saw one of these:

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
6/25/17 6:27 a.m.

I drove alot, did some random hooning

smokindav
smokindav Reader
6/25/17 7:31 a.m.

It's raining all weekend in Houston. Perfect time to get out and work on the car as it's not so hot.

I put a new 3" downpipe on my VW GTI. Fixed my wifes rear window washer in her Honda CR-V. And if I get up some more energy I'm going to put a new cam follower in my GTI for the high pressure fuel pump.

I'd rather be autocrossing or at the track though.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/25/17 8:01 a.m.

After a snafu with a mislabeled part, the trans is back in and I'm going out now to hook everything up. I'm going to have to do some swapping(converter for converter) with the Impala if it looks like the $2018 car won't be ready and the datsun has to come back one more time.

Aaron King and his son Tyler stopped by yesterday, i swear nobody here isn't cool.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9uayBWFWwEpy7nKuq213wKTK629kvpW2hqZ2nip20UMz7CHMqDxhjOFujJkDQOoQ