smidty67
smidty67 None
3/22/09 9:23 a.m.

Hello all gear heads, At a recent Autocross I must have hit the wipers on during a hair raising left-right-left to finish. Once through the finish i shut my wipers off and they just stopped in the up position. after collecting my time i headed back to grid and still could not get my wipers to go into the down position or even turn on. UGH.... When I went to manually put them down the motor side gave me about 15-20 pounds of resistence the passenger side wiper went down with very little effort. Now talking to my local mechanic he noted that the linking arm to the passenger side is off. Knowing that i will have to remove the blower to achieve this, it still doesn't fix the problem with the wipers not working at all. I will when, i'm into this project grease the wiper motor. However i am getting very little current into the fuse box for the wiper motor using my bentleys manual. Could this be a electrical problem with a blown relay or bad fuse (i know that if i have a working horn and blinkers that it is probably not he relay that is in the steering column). I've done a little investigation into the problem and know that it may be a 4-6 hour repair. Any help would be great, the kid is in for her inspection in May.

bam2002
bam2002 New Reader
3/23/09 7:58 a.m.

Open up under the steering colom and jump the wires see if the switch is bad.

Of you could of damaged the motor when the arm fell off.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zhOiURCIBJgF1F5xfmXhWcCM8OieB4KNOSJpzxb0bBY6R8VqydG2FZAdLqA5ly27