Chris
Chris None
11/3/08 4:02 a.m.

I have an 03 325i with some minor fender damage. I priced new parts and paint and IM looking at about a grand to fix. I would like to get some Carbon Fiber fenders for it instead of factory ones, preferably ones with a littl more flare. Any one have any Ideas were I can locate something like these? Ive tried various BMW shops Like Bauvarian and such, but with no luck. Ive seen them before on other BMWs and especially on M3's, also would be interested in an M3 conversion kit.

Another Issue is recently I had a full inspection done at BMW, appon completion they found numerous things wrong with the car. IE: needs new head gasket, and new ball joints on the driver side front tire. I had all the other things wrong fixed already. The Head Gasket doesnt seem to be to bad, as when parked after driver for an extended time there isnt any oil left in the parking spot. Woundering how hard it would be to replace myself? Ive never actually taken apart a motor myself, and with the part only being 65 bucks, but nearly 1000 in labor, Im trying to find a much cheaper way to do it and get it fixed. Anyone have any suggestions? Would also like to know how long I can go without doing the work, as im in Iraq at the time and planning on moving to Colorado within the next year from Hawaii. Thanks for you input and your help

Chris

ansonivan
ansonivan New Reader
11/3/08 12:59 p.m.

I don't have any ideas about the fenders.

What's going on with the head gasket? Coolant in the oil/oil in the coolant? Pressure in the system immediately on a cold start?

E46 head gasket replacement is not the place to start working on engines. They're complex and require a few special tools to reset the cam timing/vanos timing. I've done three m54 head gaskets in the past year and in every case the head was cracked and required replacement.

This might be the time to do a full disclosure sale of the car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aUastdmcnEh1ir5K4vtv180rqm80V2wM7w4tRaHo5TcQ7E6lxG1RsjwAezeMoMwJ