Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/4/19 8:31 a.m.

I saw an E46 wagon with Dinan 3 badging on it yesterday.

Would this just be 3 series wagon with some Dinan parts and badges thrown at it, or was this something that was modified and sold by Dinan from new? I can't even find anything on it from the Dinan website.

It was very subtle, not over the top. I liked it a lot.

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/4/19 8:52 a.m.

Just a 3 touring with Dinan parts. If you spend enough with Dinan they will sell you a badge. They have done some OE turnkey cars (‘95 540i Sport comes to mind) but this isn’t one of them.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/4/19 8:53 a.m.

Its based on points, when you reach 10 points they send you the Dinan 3 badge. 

Most likely done either at the dealership or by the owner. Dinan will send you the badge if you buy 10 points worth of performance upgrades. 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/4/19 8:55 a.m.

From their website:

The Dinan Deck Lid Badge

The Dinan badge cannot be purchased but rather it is provided at no charge when your Dinan performance product selections total 10 points, making your Dinan enhanced BMW or MINI as exclusive as it is exciting to drive. When your purchases qualify for the badge simply contact your Authorized Dinan Dealer who will assist you with the submission of the Dinan badge request form. If you have proof of purchases / invoices verifying the purchase of the products you can also fill out the form yourself and submit it to us along with copies of the invoices. After processing the badge will be shipped directly to you or to the selected dealer on your behalf. Please note that replacement badges will incur a cost.

"Performance" is a concept that each of us defines individually, so we have made it possible to create your own Dinan vehicle. We will send the Dinan deck lid badge when your Dinan performance selections accumulate a total of 10 points.

• 5 Performance Suspension Systems
  • 5 Performance Wheel Sets
  • 2 Strut Tower Braces
  • 1 Shock Tower Brace
  • 2 Performance Engine Software
  • 2 High Flow Cold Air Intake Systems
  • 3 Free Flow Exhaust
  • 2 High Flow Throttle Bodies
  • 1 Carbon Fiber Engine Covers(ea.)
  • 1 Performance Transmission Software
Gravyrobbers91
Gravyrobbers91
1/27/23 8:57 a.m.

In reply to Woody :

Ahahahaha. I literally made an account just now to tell you I just saw this exact same car - Same license plate - googled "dinan 3 wagon," and this was the first thing that came up 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/27/23 10:14 a.m.
Gravyrobbers91 said:

In reply to Woody :

Ahahahaha. I literally made an account just now to tell you I just saw this exact same car - Same license plate - googled "dinan 3 wagon," and this was the first thing that came up 

thats great!

I'm sure the owner would love to know thier car makes such an impact!

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/27/23 10:52 a.m.

I've never heard of the '10 point' thing before to get the badge, I actually think that's an awesome idea.

I'm sure this and other Dinan cars are awesome, but after buying and paying for 10 points of stuff, would you have been better off buying an Alpine?  I think Alpine, like RUF and others, get's to issue their own VIN's.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VZntW7uV4uTBCAE3bK5UMqbbumQevrpDAIbgVYOtNJx9DioKQEgghBd6GrQdm1L9