jamesp
jamesp New Reader
7/19/08 2:47 p.m.

Has anyone tried EBC Yellowstuff pads? Good, bad, or indifferent? I would be driving to and from the track on them, and then using them hard.

Woodyhfd
Woodyhfd GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/19/08 2:55 p.m.

I just put a set on one of my Miatas, but I'm just getting through the break in period (200 miles). They are NOT unpleasant on the street. I'll give you an update after my first track day.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
7/21/08 8:57 a.m.

I have Yellowstuff on my Esprit. I like them and recommend them. With OEM Toyota pads on, I had about 3 stops from 100MPH, then on about that 4th try, there was nothing, as in, gosh, sure glad I tried this well before the turn up there because I have a firm pedal and no brakes at all. Esprits of my era are known for heat issues on the brakes. I put the Yellowstuff pads on and I have not had any fade at all since, including on a track day at Hallett. I don't remember how many runs I did on them that day, maybe 4-5 at 15 min each including hitting mid 90's on that one stretch uphill (clockwise), plus a year on the street (maybe 4K miles) and I used maybe 1/3 pad on the front and none on the back at my last inspection.

The first stop or so in the morning you have to push the pedal harder, then you're fine.

Dashpot
Dashpot New Reader
7/24/08 7:33 p.m.

I'm on my 2nd set in an '07 Mini, they're a pretty good dual use pad for the money. I run them on the street and track (with R compound tires) and they do fine for the most part. They're very similar in feel to the stock (very good) pads on the track, but they dust less and last a little longer. They will fade a bit when you get down to 2-3 mm, but that's expected I guess. Overall - Thumbs Up

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
00attNAfIYr1ZoHHpk4Iv9liYX55r2AOruRf44vyGZe1YskQSPH9Fz4kJ9vi9KhE