Flight Service MegaDork
Jan. 31, 2017 9:20 a.m.

My Google-foo is failing me today. Does anyone know the specs of the Ecoboost turbos? Particularly the 1.5/1.6/2.0 or the 2.7l ?

Thanks

Tyler H UltraDork
Jan. 31, 2017 9:32 a.m.
Flight Service wrote: My Google-foo is failing me today. Does anyone know the specs of the Ecoboost turbos? Particularly the 1.5/1.6/2.0 or the 2.7l ? Thanks

Google foo ;)

pinchvalve MegaDork
Jan. 31, 2017 9:41 a.m.

I like your Avatar Tyler. It looked strangely familiar...

Flight Service MegaDork
Jan. 31, 2017 10:10 a.m.
Tyler H wrote: Google foo ;)

Whatever you wrote the Fuhrer just said I can't see it.

iceracer UltimaDork
Jan. 31, 2017 10:38 a.m.

All turbos are Borg-Warner.

K03 on V6 & 2.0.

KP39 on 1.6.

No info on 1.0

dean1484 MegaDork
Jan. 31, 2017 10:45 a.m.
Tyler H wrote:
Flight Service wrote: My Google-foo is failing me today. Does anyone know the specs of the Ecoboost turbos? Particularly the 1.5/1.6/2.0 or the 2.7l ? Thanks

Google foo ;)

Can I just say that is one of the MOST annoying things I have seen on the internet. It is set the poster on fire and get out the marshmallows type annoying.

Someone is asking for help they don't need to be berated. It is this kind of cute thing that after a while makes people move on from this board.

Flight Service MegaDork
Jan. 31, 2017 10:53 a.m.

In reply to dean1484:

Well, glad I'm not new here. LOL. Tyler H isn't new either so... Tyler H don't be a dobber.

Flight Service MegaDork
Jan. 31, 2017 10:53 a.m.

In reply to iceracer:

Thankis

Tyler H UltraDork
Jan. 31, 2017 11:21 a.m.
dean1484 wrote:
Tyler H wrote:
Flight Service wrote: My Google-foo is failing me today. Does anyone know the specs of the Ecoboost turbos? Particularly the 1.5/1.6/2.0 or the 2.7l ? Thanks

Google foo ;)

Can I just say that is one of the MOST annoying things I have seen on the internet. It is set the poster on fire and get out the marshmallows type annoying.

Someone is asking for help they don't need to be berated. It is this kind of cute thing that after a while makes people move on from this board.

Lighten up, Francis.

There are like 10 different families of Ecoboost engines. The wikipedia site covers it well. It is at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoBoost_engine

Flight Service wrote: In reply to dean1484: Well, glad I'm not new here. LOL. Tyler H isn't new either so... Tyler H don't be a dobber.

Bah...is a dobber like a bellend? I'll go Google it.

Flight Service MegaDork
Jan. 31, 2017 11:47 a.m.

In reply to Tyler H:

There is 1 EcoBoost 1.5
There is 1 EcoBoost 1.6
There is 1 Ecoboost 2.7
There are 2 EcoBoost 2.0s

But I was asking about the Turbo specs. Not the base engine specs.

As you say....

I must now go watch Stripes when I get home.

alfadriver MegaDork
Jan. 31, 2017 11:56 a.m.

In reply to Flight Service:

There's also 1.0l turbos, 2x2.3l turbos, 2.7l turbos, 3.0l turbos, and 3.5l turbos that all call themselves Ecoboost.

Lest we forget, there's now a 1.5l 3cyl turbo, too.

Which is to say, it's a pretty broad request.

Flight Service MegaDork
Jan. 31, 2017 12:12 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver:

But I only asked for...

Flight Service wrote: Particularly the 1.5/1.6/2.0 or the 2.7l ?

Shirley you can't be serious?

Tyler H UltraDork
Jan. 31, 2017 12:13 p.m.

I think it's a mix of Borg Warner K03 and Honeywell/Garrett (SHO/MKS/Flex/MKT.) My Google-fu is weak when it comes to finding detailed specs, so I'll gladly click the LMGTFY or Rick Roll link if someone has it.

Flight Service MegaDork
Jan. 31, 2017 12:14 p.m.

In reply to Tyler H:

Yeah that is the same issue I am having. I can find general stuff all day but not the specifics on the turbos.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Modern Day Track Junkie

1 day ago in Articles

Christina Lam went from the sidelines to full-on track enthusiast in 8 simple steps.

How Ben_Modified Wows the Crowd: 1 Part Imagination, 2 Parts Fabrication

1 day ago in News

Ben_Modified's build combines some of our favorite things.

2017 Audi A8 L

2 days ago in New Car Reviews

When it comes to luxury sedans, Audis are usually front-runners. The A8 L is the biggest and maybe most comfortable ...

Slight Project Pause for Our BMW M3

2 days ago in Project Cars

Few things slow down our project car progress more effectively than a broken arm.

Grassroots Motorsports Experience Ticket Renewals Have Been Sent

3 days ago in News

Check your inbox for our Grassroots Motorsports Experience renewals.

First Drive: Turbo ND MX-5

3 days ago in News

We hit the track with Flyin' Miata's latest power adder.

Project Turbo Miata: Fire Fighting

3 days ago in Project Cars

We transfer the fire system to our new Miata.

Vintage Views: GMC Syclone and Typhoon

4 days ago in Articles

All-wheel drive, turbo power and a Q-ship’s stealth.

Classic Motorsports Mitty Presented by Hagerty Celebrates Porsche

5 days ago in News

Gearhead heaven? We think it looks something like this.

Meet the Rebels Who Started the Cannonball Run

5 days ago in News

Relive those desperado days through movie excerpts, and hear the real facts and wild stories from the legends themselves.

This Weekend at the Mitty: The Ultimate Auto Festival

1 week ago in News

Gates open this Friday for the Classic Motorsports Mitty at Road Atlanta.

ND Miata Turbo Kits Now Available!

1 week ago in News

Add 70 horsepower and 70 ft.-lbs!

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
LpmRLlnrh0daQWR3gmWSnoaW4rF7SdGg