1 2 3 4 5 6
DaveEstey
DaveEstey HalfDork
3/14/11 1:03 p.m.

I just hit send on my email.

MrBenjamonkey
MrBenjamonkey HalfDork
3/15/11 2:23 a.m.

Are you guys interested in an overseas correspondent?

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
3/15/11 8:29 a.m.

We have about a half dozen real applicants at this point and no, we don't need a overseas corespondent right now, just a full time editor here.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/15/11 10:19 a.m.

As for Florida, I just drove through there and the office is really nice.

And of course you can practically walk here:

And if you are a biker, everything Bike Week Related is right there.

Oh and the FL Highway Patrol have an understanding with GRM not to ticket any project cars undergoing testing and evaluation.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
3/15/11 11:27 a.m.

Does a degree in mechanical engineering work?

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
3/16/11 6:38 a.m.
johnnytorque wrote: What you guys REALLY need is a Canadian on staff.

I think Lesley is happy up there.

Too bad. Imagine a world ruled by women......

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/16/11 6:59 a.m.
914Driver wrote:
johnnytorque wrote: What you guys REALLY need is a Canadian on staff.
I think Lesley is happy up there. Too bad. Imagine a world ruled by women......

I'm married. I don't need to imagine that

pres589
pres589 HalfDork
3/16/11 11:56 a.m.

What about a guy with a Bachelor's in Elec. Engineering in Tech (long story), a Bachelor's in Automotive Technology, and a minor in computing? Does that trifecta of nonsense equal a comm. degree? BONUS: He writes tech documents used to certify things with the FAA.

In addition to all of that, said guy has an interest in photography and has taken pictures of buildings as part of a previous profession (long story) and has an interest in travel, motorcycles, and long walks on the beach.

dkarthik
dkarthik New Reader
3/16/11 12:38 p.m.

Wow! This is like a dream job, I just faced cold cruel reality a long time ago and became an automotive engineer! sometimes I think I would have made a good journalist too... I have a fairly succesful blog running if that counts??

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
3/16/11 1:58 p.m.

Just toss your hat in the ring. The worst they can say is no. If I were single, I wouldve driven down there and put my resume on Tims desk personally. This really is a dream job.

Sultan
Sultan Reader
3/16/11 3:36 p.m.

due you need to knows how to speel or gramerizing words and junk?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
3/16/11 3:46 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: I wouldve driven down there and put my resume on Tims desk personally.

Hey, it worked for me. (Actually, I left mine on the conference table with some brownies.)

4cylndrfury wrote: This really is a dream job.

Quoted for truth. It's not an easy job all the time, but there's nothing else I'd rather be doing.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
3/16/11 3:59 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote: I wouldve driven down there and put my resume on Tims desk personally.
Hey, it worked for me. (Actually, I left mine on the conference table with some brownies.)

What kinda brownies?

dkarthik
dkarthik New Reader
3/16/11 5:22 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: Just toss your hat in the ring. The worst they can say is no. If I were single, I wouldve driven down there and put my resume on Tims desk personally. This really is a dream job.

Sorely tempted but I love my current job too. I get to design engines, test them and in 15 years or so when I can afford to buy something in which they go, I can tear one apart and build it the way it should have been built.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
3/16/11 5:32 p.m.
dkarthik wrote: I get to design engines, test them and in 15 years or so when I can afford to buy something in which they go, I can tear one apart and build it the way it should have been built.

lol nice - great mag quote!

Woodward_Dreams
Woodward_Dreams New Reader
3/17/11 10:28 a.m.

I wish i didnt have a year and a half of freakin school left..... seriously this is my dream job

MrBenjamonkey
MrBenjamonkey HalfDork
3/17/11 9:22 p.m.
Tim Suddard wrote: Wwe don't need a overseas corespondent right now.

I understand. I'll just be here, weeping into my pillow and eating ice cream by the gallon.

White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy Reader
3/17/11 9:42 p.m.

I just threw my helmet in the ring.

White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy Reader
3/17/11 9:50 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Oh and the FL Highway Patrol have an understanding with GRM not to ticket any project cars undergoing testing and evaluation.

If I throw some GRM stickers on my motorcycle does that count for the exemption? During Bike Week?

TR8owner
TR8owner Reader
3/18/11 10:57 p.m.

In reply to Per Schroeder:

Actually, I'm waiting for you guys to contact me. I've been posting here enough lately so you must be aware of my writing abilities. :-)

corytate
corytate Reader
3/21/11 6:23 p.m.

I am very sad right now that I never finished my English degree and instead went to an automotive school, (not really, though, because I love the school and what I've learned.)
I've only got a couple months actual automotive industry experience (about a year if you count my schooling, of which I've still got seven months to go), I don't really care about salary as long as I could afford to live and buy fun toys (, and I'm a not-too-terrible photographer.)
This would be my dream job!

corytate
corytate Reader
3/21/11 6:41 p.m.

I can't get over this, even way back in High School AP English I used to edit papers for friends pro bono.
It would be an honor for a mega-nerd like myself to work for an extremely well-written and organized magazine like GRM, but there is no chance you would hire a 22 year old who still has seven months of school to go for a diploma from a NASCAR school, who used to change majors every semester in community college, and who has worked as a janitor, landscaper, cook, delivery boy, oil changer, and a cable technician. No Chance.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/21/11 11:35 p.m.

Well, if you don't apply you're right.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/22/11 2:44 a.m.

Too bad I can't write or live in Florida.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
3/22/11 1:39 p.m.

Wally, you would hardly know you weren't in New York, we have so many New Yorkers here now. Course a lot of them are Nuevo Ricans.

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b59K9OJ7O654Rnfam1jXBXMkHW0HDdKcvgZskyiU3JKcfTarCzw4eeZ1ExhZnKBt