DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
8/1/19 7:31 p.m.

Fox Sports is showing the NASCAR Truck Series race from Eldora right now. Trucks on dirt is a little more entertaining to watch.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/1/19 8:00 p.m.

Thanks for the heads up. This is quite frankly the only nascar race I need to watch more than highlights of. 

einy
einy HalfDork
8/1/19 8:04 p.m.

And in MRN radio online if you get tired of listening to Mikey W. blabber on endlessly

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
8/2/19 8:00 p.m.

I watched it, always fun.   Some really know how to drive on dirt while other should stay home.

Interesting for me is that the winner is the local dirt track modified champion.  He commutes and races on Sat. since most of the truck races are on Friday.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/2/19 8:16 p.m.

I was a little bummed by that race. There was only one really fast groove,  and by the middle of the first heat it was clear whoever was in that groove out there in front was going to stay there. It made it more about pit strategy than anything. I felt bad for buddy that lead 2/3 ]f the laps and finished 7th.....he had to pit for fuel. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
8/2/19 10:04 p.m.

Winner from East Canuckistan.  Cool.

I liked his kid dancing on the truck in victory lane.laugh

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
8/3/19 12:01 p.m.

The "local" track is Fonda Speedway in Fonda NY.    It has held "Cup" races in the early days .  Richard Petty won the last one.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rmXpsyhgI42vmD6YeE12t3PmV7HHq0NwwwKpigIESC7WGPuTOUlwsiY13TyUVZhi