1 ... 4 5 6
Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
3/19/16 7:26 p.m.

In reply to t25torx:

Holy E36 M3! That's more dedicated than most muscle car restorers.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
3/20/16 10:39 a.m.
CLynn85 wrote: It amazes me when people put all this work and commitment into some of the crazier builds, only to sell it when it's "complete" with no real further development. I guess there are more people out there like me than I previously thought!

I've said it elsewhere but its an appropriate comment here. To me, the joy is the build. Its not that I dont like driving, competing, etc, but that's the "boring" part. I like to build cars. Once a car is "done" (they are never done) it begins to deteriorate. When you have made it the car you want it to be it will immediately begin to go downhill, it will get a scratch a scrape, things break, etc. I love my cars the most when they are at that moment right before the deteriorate, I hate to see my work degrade. So I build, I sell, I build something else. Its the joy of the chase and the challenge of figuring out new problems. Not doing the same thing I already did before over and over again.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
3/20/16 12:09 p.m.
JThw8 wrote:
CLynn85 wrote: It amazes me when people put all this work and commitment into some of the crazier builds, only to sell it when it's "complete" with no real further development. I guess there are more people out there like me than I previously thought!
I've said it elsewhere but its an appropriate comment here. To me, the joy is the build. Its not that I dont like driving, competing, etc, but that's the "boring" part. I like to build cars. Once a car is "done" (they are never done) it begins to deteriorate. When you have made it the car you want it to be it will immediately begin to go downhill, it will get a scratch a scrape, things break, etc. I love my cars the most when they are at that moment right before the deteriorate, I hate to see my work degrade. So I build, I sell, I build something else. Its the joy of the chase and the challenge of figuring out new problems. Not doing the same thing I already did before over and over again.

Bingo!

I learned that I am more enamored of the problem solving than the finished solution. I will build a car from a pile of scrap metal, a VISA card and an oilspot. Just don't ask me to wash it once it is done.

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
B55ZIUvpAM5erYHDbmBx5baGF5c7Kiyu0obr9b1Vy8jgwCjTDNP3Mo2GZBUrBirl