1 2 3
e_pie
e_pie Reader
4/22/12 10:35 a.m.
Nitroracer wrote: Any suggestions for cleaning glass? Both inside and outside. I can never get it to my satisfaction.

I use Invisible Glass. But you can use Optimum No Rinse too.

Josh
Josh Dork
4/22/12 10:47 a.m.
Nitroracer wrote: Any suggestions for cleaning glass? Both inside and outside. I can never get it to my satisfaction.

Can be hard to find. If you see it, grab a couple cans. You won't regret it.

EDIT: Actually, looks like it's a typical stock item at Home Depot now. I'm still working through a stash of cans I bought several years ago, and it was definitely not as readily available then. Good stuff.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/22/12 11:11 a.m.
e_pie wrote:
I use Invisible Glass. But you can use Optimum No Rinse too.

I also like Invisible Glass, but once a year or so, I hit the ouside of the windsheild with some kind of glass cooktop cleaner like Bar Keepers Friend or Bon Ami. It removes spots, bugs, and makes it super-smooth.

e_pie
e_pie Reader
4/23/12 10:22 a.m.
Josh wrote:
img src="http://emeraldcitywindowtinting.com/images/Spray-away-glass-cleaner.jpg" / Can be hard to find. If you see it, grab a couple cans. You won't regret it. EDIT: Actually, looks like it's a typical stock item at Home Depot now. I'm still working through a stash of cans I bought several years ago, and it was definitely not as readily available then. Good stuff.

That's good stuff too.

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
4/23/12 5:10 p.m.

clay bar the windshield .... you'll be surprised at the crap that comes off

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UberDork
4/23/12 5:28 p.m.

On the topic of magic stuff for black plastics. I saw something and was convinced to try just using ATF on some and it seemed to work rather well. Theory is that ATF does a lot of work on the seals, so it re-nourishes the plastics. Word of caution, over application may over soften some things.

Seemed to work for me, try at your own risk. If you try it let me know what your thoughts are.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fEPvvqnjqTeU8r40BKKMyG74Uxn3za9UZqvHykB0iQwAHzvxk4YpaRttXleABFQl