GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/13 8:21 a.m.

So my plan for the AE92's exhaust was to use straight-through glasspack mufflers as both the resonator and muffler...problem is that one of the orders was messed up and I got this skinny bastard instead of a big oval unit for a resonator. When an order gets messed up coming here, returning it is a joke because you'll have to pay for shipping all over again and you can't "return" the duty you paid on it.

I would prefer to get this as a resonator...but do you think I could get away with the skinny OBX? Will it be that much louder? I absolutely don't want the car to be an overly loud cop magnet. But ordering another muffler will HURT and I have to accept the possibility that I won't be able to find a buyer for the unit I have.

The muffler I'm using is one of these.

This car never had a cat and I'm not adding one for now.

Edit: I should also mention that I'm painting and wrapping this exhaust. I'm putting all the chips into this exhaust build, once it's done I want to do little to no mods to it in the future. All-in, the exhaust after the downpipe will cost over $1k by itself.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/20/13 8:48 a.m.

I am by no means an expert on the matter, but I am of the thinking that you should be "ok" with the OBX installed with the muffler you are running.

I think, if it were me, I would extend the OBX resonator's input and output to match the over all length of the Magnaflow you want (30in). Then flange the ends for easy removal and replacement (in case it's "too loud").

I feel your shipping pain. I've waited half a year for parts that doubled their cost in shipping just to get the wrong item many times.

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
11/20/13 8:51 a.m.

My opinion is that the one you received along with the muffler you have will be sufficient. I do not believe it will be too loud.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
c6AqQkslVdsqy75hoG1jncX615DgU3QWTMILF9TInUqxC6VqioYQPCHCfrRDNsgR