Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/20/18 6:28 p.m.

I generally get the fsm for every daily i own. I have no problem buying a cd rom version.  I tend to try to find free when i can.

I seem to be striking out finding a good one for the 95 Silverado. Need the wiring diagrams first, but would rather have the full thing.

Suggestions?

wae
wae Dork
2/20/18 6:36 p.m.

There appears to be one on eBay for $130:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-Chevrolet-Suburban-C-K-pickup-K1500-Silverado-truck-service-shop-manual/362235569811?hash=item5456ec2693:g:pB4AAOSwecJae2Sd

The CD-ROM version is a little less spendy at $25:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-GMC-CK-Truck-Shop-Manual-Set-on-CD-Sierra-Pickup-Suburban-Yukon-Service/161997057865?hash=item25b7c6ef49:g:TPUAAOSwLVZVva-8&vxp=mtr

I don't know if this is a usual thing at libraries, but my local library has access to the Chilton's manuals via their website.  They're not very good, but they usually have decent wiring diagrams, so if your local library has that it might be worth checking out.

Rodan
Rodan Reader
2/20/18 8:51 p.m.

When we had our 'Vette, it was the first time I couldn't find a factory manual online for cheap or free....  I ended up buying a set off eBay.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
2/20/18 9:07 p.m.

Helm, Inc. sells factory manuals in paper and CD formats, but you'll have to check to see if they have any going back that far. https://www.helminc.com

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Dork
2/20/18 10:29 p.m.

I bought a 1992 GMC truck electrical diagram manual for the 92 TBI swap I did in the 79. Book is dang big at 11" x 17" and 296 pages, just for wiring diagrams and diagnosis. But it is helpful, listing wiring by the system it covers. Not sure what diagrams would be in the service manuals, but I would see if you can find out first before buying them.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
2/21/18 6:57 a.m.

A lot of manufacturers have been going to online service info which will not make this any easier as cars get newer.  I've noticed some aftermarket manuals are essentially printed versions of this TIS data with a few minor changes (Bentley manuals for European cars especially).

I've used eBay for most of the FSM's I have.  Ford manuals are pretty good, but damn expensive used.  It took me a while to collect 3 of the 4 manuals for my 1990 E-150 and paid dearly enough for them I still treat them like gold.  If you want a paper manual, you are not alone and in my experience it is definitely a supply/demand thing.  Set up a search on eBay and while you may get lucky, be prepared to pay.

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
2/21/18 7:48 a.m.

alldatadiy $19.95 print it all out and then don't renew  wink

Kramer
Kramer Dork
2/21/18 8:57 a.m.

I have a complete 1995 Chevy Truck factory service manual.  I'll send you some pics if it helps.  

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
2/21/18 9:05 a.m.

This place has free wiring diagrams and TSBs. You have to give them your name and email, but I don' think I've ever received an email from them, and I have been using them for years.

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/21/18 9:22 a.m.

Toyota tech info is great -- pay for a reasonable 3-day membership, download all the PDFs you need.

That said, I always buy the Big Green Book and they rarely go with the car when I sell it, unless I really like the buyer.  :)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
omOGiaM4Qxf4l0N6QXIVNavOHlCiLa1O8jE0GduN6IOv7we9iriGR40UcGviVJTd