1 2
ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/7/08 10:33 a.m.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/07/honda-considering-offering-jdm-models-in-the-u-s/

ohh boy.. My fanb0i sense is tingling. If the real civic Type R comes. I will buy, after the "market premium" gets removed....

I am psyched

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/7/08 10:40 a.m.

it's not a tight car, unless it's a type R.

Seriously, I could think about the Stream, I like small wagons

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/7/08 10:45 a.m.

I think the Stream and the JDM odyessy(being smaller and more fuel efficent) would be wins

I'd buy the 2.0l stream with a manual trans Rsz I believe it is called

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
8/7/08 11:19 a.m.

is the civic type r better than the civic si?

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/7/08 11:24 a.m.
GlennS wrote: is the civic type r better than the civic si?

is the sky blue?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic_Type_R

Clarkson loves it.. Must be all right.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/29/honda-launches-the-civic-type-r-sedan-in-japan/

225 horse

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
8/7/08 11:40 a.m.

Meh. 200hp, four doors, FWD, 2700lbs. I'd buy a used SRT-4.

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
8/7/08 11:40 a.m.

he doesn't like the new civic type r hatch i thought, liked the ep3 type r with real multilink rear suspension better

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/7/08 11:51 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Meh. 200hp, four doors, FWD, 2700lbs. I'd buy a used SRT-4.

good strategy.. Unless you enjoy turning or spending your lunch break anywhere else but at the local dodge dealership's parts counter.

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
8/7/08 12:10 p.m.

did the srt-4 really do that terribly in corners?

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Reader
8/7/08 12:18 p.m.

^Not that it handles bad.... but the stock jailstance doesn't help it any...

Not to mention that it's a torque steering beast. Made my old GS-T look silly.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/7/08 12:27 p.m.

GRM took one to nationals.. with Daddio(read GOD) driving it. The quote from the Mag was something like. It had the power but not the chassis to win. Took 5th with GOD at the wheel.

Duke
Duke Dork
8/7/08 12:32 p.m.

Clarkson hates the new Civic Type R, and can't undeerstand why they did away with the old one, which he deems much better. Not that Clarkson is the Ultimate Authority or anything.

On an off-topic note, my vacuum cleaner uses Type R bags.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
8/7/08 12:34 p.m.
ignorant wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Meh. 200hp, four doors, FWD, 2700lbs. I'd buy a used SRT-4.
good strategy.. Unless you enjoy turning or spending your lunch break anywhere else but at the local dodge dealership's parts counter.

Holy crap, you are a fanb01, aren't you!? Yeah, I probably wouldn't buy either one though.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
8/7/08 12:37 p.m.

A REAL fanb01 would buy this instead:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/743940395.html

M00000000000000000GENARRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
8/7/08 12:39 p.m.
ignorant wrote: GRM took one to nationals.. with Daddio(read GOD) driving it. The quote from the Mag was something like. It had the power but not the chassis to win. Took 5th with GOD at the wheel.

Any idea what it lost to? I wouldnt have expected to the SRT-4 to class well in an autocross as its probable not the greatest car in transition.

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
8/7/08 12:39 p.m.
Duke wrote: Clarkson hates the new Civic Type R, and can't undeerstand why they did away with the old one, which he deems much better. Not that Clarkson is the Ultimate Authority or anything. On an off-topic note, my vacuum cleaner uses Type R bags.

cover it in type R stickers and it will get 10% more suction from each! Take that Dyson...

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
8/7/08 12:51 p.m.
GlennS wrote:
ignorant wrote: GRM took one to nationals.. with Daddio(read GOD) driving it. The quote from the Mag was something like. It had the power but not the chassis to win. Took 5th with GOD at the wheel.
Any idea what it lost to? I wouldnt have expected to the SRT-4 to class well in an autocross as its probable not the greatest car in transition.

I would have to assume it was an ITRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!11!!11!

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/7/08 1:00 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: A REAL fanb01 would buy this instead: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/743940395.html M00000000000000000GENARRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

No.

and i'm not a super fanb01.. Just have no time to work on cars right now, so I buy hondas.

If I was a real fanboi.. I'd convert my ek to rhd because it's JDM.

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
8/7/08 2:35 p.m.

what does having to work on cars have to do with honda?

Ryan9118
Ryan9118 HalfDork
8/7/08 2:37 p.m.

I don't want to be a party pooper, but I hope we get the new Focus RS instead.

Also, slightly off topic, but what does it matter if Jeremy Clarkson likes a car or not? All he does is spin them out, and complain about the bad quality door handles. Oh and he makes funny faces too.

Duke
Duke Dork
8/7/08 3:08 p.m.

And he loves Mercedes, which is a definite strike against his judgment as well. But in the case of the new CTR, he basically said it is slower, heavier, less tossable, uglier, and more expensive than the previous model. And The Stig destroyed the new one with the old one in back-to-back laps in them.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/7/08 3:08 p.m.

it's the funny faces that matter.. loved the one he made driving the atom.

And I agree on the Focus RS. That is the car ford should have been bringing to us in the US all the time.. I am also pretty sure it wouldn't cannibalize any Mustang sales

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/7/08 4:13 p.m.

I'd love a focus RS.. they're awesome. Fast, Great looking. just cool as hell.

I'd never buy one as a daily though.... Sorry. My time is too valuable to be stuck arguing with one of Jensenmans colleagues about how this or that bit of poorly engineered crap that broke failed due to abuse or not....

(a few other points

1. I'd love a focus RS in a handful of years so I can buy one used, and use it as a track beater, maybe swap the engine into something else.
  2. the srt4 from GRM placed 5th at nats.. thats freaking great. I also watched shepard drive the piss outta them live at 3 rallies.. Cool car...)

Flame suit on though...

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/7/08 4:16 p.m.

LOL... Iggys funny.

It was abuse.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
8/7/08 4:33 p.m.

I sure would be interested in looking into that Stream wagon--if it got 32+mpg hwy.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ensLGOQHISOxGlpTWglxhDznNwlLU7bunDkQ9iKf4PVuIGtkoCMGuyjkIKw5gbb1