Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
5/22/20 3:52 p.m.
feature_image

Dr. Emre Kayaalp, better known as LanEvo on the GRM forum, is bringing a 1987 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16, the same car that Ayrton Senna used to prove his driving prowess early in his racing career. Is its 185-horsepower, Cosworth-tuned heart enough to take on the already competitive field?

Not to be outdone, last year's UTCC winner, Adam Romito, plans to …

Read the rest of the story

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/22/20 7:46 p.m.
Colin Wood said:
Emre Kayaalp, better known as LanEvo on the GRM forum, is bringing a 1987 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16, the same car that Ayrton Senna used to prove his driving prowess early in his racing career.

I'm no Senna.

Colin Wood said:
Is its 185-horsepower, Cosworth-tuned heart enough to take on the already competitive field?

Yeah, I'm going to have to go with "no" to that.

Colin Wood said:
Not to be outdone, last year's UTCC winner, Adam Romito, plans to return with his 850-horsepower Dodge Challenger. Does a victory in 2019 mean a victory for 2020?

Come on ... seriously?

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
5/22/20 8:16 p.m.

Don't be so hasty; when you're out of the car just start being mercurial. On track pass cars with two wheels on grass. That should get you 2/3rds of the way there.

NorseDave
NorseDave Reader
5/22/20 8:34 p.m.

I'm 1000% behind the 190 here!   Go LanEvo!  

Papabear
Papabear Reader
5/22/20 9:19 p.m.

I like LanEvo's MB being in there. It's always a intresting mix of cars. Is there some explanation of the driver's requirements? I understand the car's have to pass a safety inspection but the driver is not clear to me.

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/22/20 9:45 p.m.

They did check. I've had active club racing (BMW CCA) and vintage racing licenses since at least 2014. I only make it to about 1-3 race weekends a year, but that's enough experience to keep out of trouble for the most part.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/22/20 9:53 p.m.
LanEvo said:

They did check. I've had active club racing (BMW CCA) and vintage racing licenses since at least 2014. I only make it to about 1-3 race weekends a year, but that's enough experience to keep out of trouble for the most part.

You can do it!

Papabear
Papabear Reader
5/22/20 10:46 p.m.

In reply to LanEvo :

I'm thinking my no sense of self preservation is not going to get me in. 

Go LanEvo go!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g6pL5cicVIpCkuTYLCcboiuw6nP0NfeWUuBF7MvQphHEbMqyxKR982RpdNo2zX7v