J308
J308 HalfDork
12/20/13 8:25 p.m.

Hi all, looking to add some vehicular content to my blog readers.

Currently I have the usual suspects: Jalopnik Autoblog C&D R&T Removed MT earlier in the year.

Do you guys and gals have any favorites that you like to check in on weekly? Jalopnik is the most clicked for me, but its usually the most updated at several times per day. It's also more than new car coverage.

Are there any hidden gems out there that I'm missing?

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/20/13 8:31 p.m.

Hooniverse?

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 Dork
12/20/13 8:37 p.m.

http://www.petrolicious.com/

Mine when I start updating it with my engine build soon. Didn't race much this year so not much activity for 2013. :( http://blog.miataracer.com/

J308
J308 HalfDork
12/20/13 8:37 p.m.

That's a good example. I've visited, but forgot about it. Added, and looks good!

Any more?

ccrelan
ccrelan Reader
12/20/13 8:42 p.m.

www.dailyturismo.com - is a new good one www.thetruthaboutcars.com www.bringatrailer.com www.justacargeek.com - seems to be back after a layoff

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
12/20/13 8:47 p.m.

I don't read much, but I listen to a great show on talkstl.com. I think it is called Turn Left or something like that...

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/20/13 8:50 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: I don't read much, but I listen to a great show on talkstl.com. I think it is called Turn Left or something like that...

Pretty flexible aren't ya?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
12/20/13 8:54 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: I don't read much, but I listen to a great show on talkstl.com. I think it is called Turn Left or something like that...
Pretty flexible aren't ya?

Yea. Every once in a while they turn right, too...

J308
J308 HalfDork
12/20/13 8:56 p.m.
ccrelan wrote: www.dailyturismo.com - is a new good one www.thetruthaboutcars.com www.bringatrailer.com www.justacargeek.com - seems to be back after a layoff

Ah dailyturismo is new to me and promising as there is a quick blurb about an N54 335i in the first page load. I'll check out the rest later! Keep the submissions coming.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
12/20/13 11:05 p.m.

I write for Hooniverse.com and FlatSixes.com, so I'm sorta biased there. Oh, and I'm the Editor of BavarianDrive.com (starting up on Christmas day).

My favorite sites are TheChicaneBlog, MotoringConBrio, the drive network on Youtube (Chris Harris on Cars releases on Wednesday, and they are always amazing), and I frequent speedhunters, motoiq, etc.

bL79
bL79 New Reader
12/20/13 11:40 p.m.

blog.axisofoversteer.com

Really good race blog. Doesn't get enough love I feel like.

MotoIQ has some pretty good stuff too.

pjbgravely
pjbgravely New Reader
12/22/13 9:02 p.m.

Not racing blogs but car blogs.

Ran When Parked

Street park SF

Storz
Storz Dork
12/23/13 6:22 a.m.

Petrolicious is by far my favorite.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
12/23/13 6:32 a.m.

I read speedhunters. Lots of drifting and stance stuff, but the photography is second to none.

pushrod36
pushrod36 New Reader
12/23/13 8:42 a.m.

Not cars, but I like pipeburn.com and bikeexif.com for two wheeled stuff.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
12/23/13 9:50 a.m.
mndsm wrote: Hooniverse?

Seconded. My good friend and now GRM contributor Eric Rood does the LeMons coverage there. He recently did a whole series of posts where he compiled statistics on all the cars that ran LeMons in the last... ever. He applied a little real statistical analysis to determine which cars are lay down the most laps most consistently. The top car is not a Miata or an E30. BG-chassis cars did remarkably well.

Here's the last post in the series, which has links to all the rest:

http://hooniverse.com/2013/12/19/lemons-torture-test-revisited-a-2013-update-top-10/

evildky
evildky Dork
12/23/13 12:47 p.m.

motoiq.com

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/23/13 1:58 p.m.

Only car stuff I read online is GRM, MotoIQ, Racecar Engineering, TTAC, and Speedhunters...uh, for the articles

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
730bm5ign9wzraf7cazUJ1yRcsantysGPgXQqJsoyj5UzWyvifKAJ3R58r0QCqaj