1 2
red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
8/6/18 6:20 p.m.

Like the title says, I recently bought a Cayman, and have been ordering my bits from FCP Euro to bring it up to 100% (and hopefully keep it there!).  Recently, I ordered a bunch of brake parts, and there was a bit of a delay in getting some of the OEM Porsche bits.  I was expecting the order to take a bit of time to ship, but with a track event coming up this weekend, I thought I'd better give them a call about it.  I missed the name of the person who answered, but they had that very calm F1 engineer sort of voice.  I explained that I was anxious about making sure I had the rotors in time for the SCCA time trial this weekend at PittRace, and they offered to bump me up to 2nd day air and change the address to my dad's house where I was planning to install the brakes.  I can't express how much I appreciate that level of responsiveness and customer service, but I'll definitely continue to buy from them.

As for the Cayman.  It's an '07 Base in Carmona Red:

I flew to Charleston, SC a couple weekends ago to buy it, and drove home via Tail of the Dragon.  16 year old me can't believe I own a Porsche now! 

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
8/6/18 7:04 p.m.

NIce. We order some of our parts for the rally car from FCP knowing that they'll honor the lifetime warranty even on stuff that we demolish in stage rally, lol.

Also, nice Cayman! If I ever become a rich person (unlikely at this point), I fully plan on building a Cayman rally car :)

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
8/6/18 7:09 p.m.

Old FCP Groton, and current FCP Euro have a lot of my money.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/6/18 7:15 p.m.

My first order to fcp was today. Hopefully it will be as pleasant an experience as yours!

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
8/6/18 7:34 p.m.

That color is sexaaaaaaaay.

gunner
gunner GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/6/18 7:45 p.m.

I bought a lot of parts for my M5 from FCP because of the warranty. As it turns out a lot of times they were cheaper for oem and genuine BMW parts than other sites. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/6/18 8:18 p.m.

Nice Cayman!

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/6/18 8:49 p.m.

Always good to publicly recognize vendors that provide this level of service.

Thanks for sharing.

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
8/7/18 7:30 a.m.

They did right by me too.  Ordered Sachs front strut inserts for my Rabbit, and received two different actual parts.

They said to send them back, and they would send me a pair of KYB inserts at no additional charge.

Awesome.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
8/7/18 7:40 a.m.

They have been working with us on the 318is project car and have had an amazing amount of the parts needed in stock and their customer service has been spectacular.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/7/18 7:44 a.m.
bigdaddylee82 said:

Old FCP Groton, and current FCP Euro have a lot of my money.

Interesting. 

So what have they done differently since the name change? I know when I was still messing with E30s, ~2007-2010, FCP Groton was generally regarded as a crummy vendor selling substandard parts. And this was even in the notoriously cheap E30 community.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/7/18 7:48 a.m.

That’s a great color, and it’s pretty rare. I think I’ve only seen two Caymans in that color.  Enjoy your Porsche!

enginenerd
enginenerd Reader
8/7/18 8:00 a.m.

I've probably ordered around $1000 in BMW E30 parts from FCP Euro over the past year and have been really happy with the service and prices. I also have a coworker with a Chump/Champ car team and they use the lifetime warranty for all kinds of things...even brake pads!

newold_m
newold_m New Reader
8/7/18 10:33 p.m.

In reply to red_stapler :

Greetings from another Cayman owner! Mine is also a base ‘07 and has the same rims, but is a boring gray. Yours look very nice!

I’ve also recently discovered FCP Euro and ordered a service II kit for my daily (e39 wagon with 227K miles on). Website was easy to navigate, prices were reasonable and shipping was free. Definitely will be back for more...

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
8/8/18 6:31 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

When they were FCP Groton they were mostly Volvo parts, so they would have been pretty crummy for BMW folks. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/18 7:53 a.m.

I have never even heard of FCP Euro before and they are only about 20 minutes from me. I'll have to check them out.

02Pilot
02Pilot Dork
8/8/18 8:02 a.m.

As I understand it, FCP Groton changed ownership some years back and relaunched as FCP Euro. The old company had a less-than-ideal reputation toward the end, but the new owners seem to have turned that around pretty effectively. They are now my go-to for parts, and the lifetime warranty on everything is pretty remarkable.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/18 8:09 a.m.

another +1 for FCP Euro.   i'm not the type (well, let's say i'm *no longer* the type) to use a lifetime warranty to replace worn-out brake pads, but i think it's cool that they're willing to extend their policy that far.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/8/18 8:32 a.m.

They're getting even better in my book. Went from 10-12 day delivery, to Thursday estimate, to on truck for delivery today.

Thats awesome!

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/8/18 8:34 a.m.
bigdaddylee82 said:

In reply to z31maniac :

When they were FCP Groton they were mostly Volvo parts, so they would have been pretty crummy for BMW folks. 

AHh ok, thanks for the info! 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/8/18 2:04 p.m.

Sweet color. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/8/18 5:04 p.m.

Neat!

They sent a list with my order describing what/where every part number in the box goes so i dont have to look it up again. 

Just made a loyalcustomer of me.

red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
8/14/18 10:08 p.m.

Follow up:

Everything arrived in time from FCP, and I had a great time at the track!

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/14/18 10:20 p.m.

By coincidence I have an incident with my wife's BMW to take care of and I found the part on the FCP Euro site remembering people were saying on here that they had good customer service, but the part in question is far more expensive to buy from FCP Euro than Bimmerworld. I'm afraid I can't afford to pay $150 more for the same exact part even though FCP Euro is right in my back yard basically. Doubtless if it was a wear part and not something a numbskull (not me this time) had busted the lifetime warranty aspect would be a factor.

I have been bitten at times by going with the lowest price online and if it's a few bucks here or there I always go with a known quantity, but of course with two known quantities price always wins.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/30/18 11:21 p.m.

Read the thread, noticed FCP Euro link at the bottom of the message board, moved everything from my bimmerworld cart to FCP Euro. 

I just saved about $100, and the parts come with a lifetime warranty  (look at that, I'm happy and the parts haven't even arrived yet laugh)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cJW62HImluKgtN0DWXlOZh23NoaIaDNYbZ8GHqZl859MkW1sC0PxIYxn0pLiiNxe