Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
2/26/19 11:38 a.m.

This article presented by FCP Euro

photos courtesy FCP Euro

Have you ever enjoyed a trip to the auto parts store? It’s doubtful you have in modern times. You’re probably picturing it now, in fact: The slow computer, the employee running it who’s never heard of a thermostat, the screaming customer who thinks his six-year-old battery should be replaced for …

Read the rest of the story

einy
einy HalfDork
2/26/19 8:08 p.m.

FCP Euro is my go to store anymore for GTI parts.  Love working with those folks !!!

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
2/26/19 8:33 p.m.

I've bought parts from them since the Long Hill Rd days- pre-internet.

Nice to see the become so successful. Congratulations.

gunner
gunner GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/26/19 9:16 p.m.

While all(it seems like) the other BMW vendors chase profits FCP chases the community.  I'm going from roughly 50% parts bought from FCP to 90%. Thanks for the write up!

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/27/19 10:44 a.m.

Love FCP Euro because I can just go buy the part I need without wading through junk parts and cross-shopping 5 different brands.

The FCP back story is fascinating and makes me feel even better about feeding this needy old M3.

atl530i
atl530i GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/2/19 6:41 p.m.

Great story.  I've been buying parts from FCP since they were on eBay.  I still buy parts from them today for my many BMW's.  

xflowgolf
xflowgolf SuperDork
7/23/19 6:46 a.m.

So I’m late to the party here, but I just heard of people on my BMW diesel Facebook page shipping used oil and filters back to FCP for a refund and I thought what?! That’s nuts. So I googled to see if racers were using this on consumables, and stumbled back into this GRM article... only to find they actually encourage it?!  

I just ordered a round of maintenance parts and got some of the batch from FCP without really knowing or considering their warranty.  Next time I’ll order more from them.  

No affiliation, no benefit to promoting, I just figured if I missed it, others here have as well.  If there’s anything grassroots people love, it’s getting every last drop of life out of a vehicle... and if that means getting the next round of brakes, or wheel bearings, etc. free I’d wear that deal with pride. 

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/23/19 12:24 p.m.

Looks like they closed FCP Import:

I bought from them a lot when I had my 3-series.  Good times.

keithedwards
keithedwards New Reader
7/23/19 3:42 p.m.
irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
7/23/19 4:34 p.m.

Pretty much my go-to for any OEM-ish parts I need for the e30 or 924S. Just got some control arms in from them yesterday...

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/19 4:48 p.m.

Just placed a largish order with them.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
h0nW6bzK3ogavX6LDsRmBSInR4AwJkQOqad3VjSfwepJDojq8fcMIU3jVp4H0EqY