ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
12/5/14 3:26 p.m.

Haven't seen that before..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-2-door-coupe-/291314505379?vxp=mtr

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
12/5/14 3:31 p.m.

All that effort, all that money and still can't get the proportions right. Even my Corvette based Daytona was closer. And it also apparently held it's value, too.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/5/14 3:58 p.m.

ugh, what a waste.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
12/5/14 4:02 p.m.

Wow, I've seem better Ferrari kits out of fieros. That ass is brutal.

ansonivan
ansonivan Dork
12/5/14 4:37 p.m.

Can we call that a Pretenzo?

The0retical
The0retical HalfDork
12/5/14 4:47 p.m.
Chris_V wrote: All that effort, all that money and still can't get the proportions right. Even my Corvette based Daytona was closer. And it also apparently held it's value, too.

That was my first thought too. If you're going to pay stupid amounts of money to one off something at least insist on the proportions being correct.

Also check out the struts on the picture with the door open.... I've seen Civics with better "lambo" door kits.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/5/14 4:56 p.m.

It's amazing how much money and effort went into this thing only for it to look like a craigslist crackhead project.

thedanimal
thedanimal New Reader
12/5/14 5:08 p.m.

Just going to leave this here...Bugatti whaa??

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
12/5/14 5:12 p.m.
thedanimal wrote: Just going to leave this here...Bugatti whaa??

Oh my god the interior on that thing.

That is hysterical!

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/5/14 5:27 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

C4 Vette based.

thedanimal
thedanimal New Reader
12/5/14 5:38 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One: My reaction exactly, I had a hard time figuring out why they left so much of the OG C4 interior intact. Also if I'm dropping $65K on it, clean the engine bay.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
12/5/14 5:59 p.m.

That Bugattis chin reminds me too much of Herbert:

[URL=http://s265.photobucket.com/user/derekrichardson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-92.jpg.html][/URL]

Lancer007
Lancer007 Dork
12/5/14 7:04 p.m.

$400k for an awkward V8 "Enzo" lol

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Reader
12/5/14 10:04 p.m.

So they took a beautiful Ferrari and made it look like one of the ugliest Ferraris of recent history?

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/6/14 12:47 a.m.

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
12/6/14 3:47 a.m.
Petrolburner wrote: So they took a beautiful Ferrari and made it look like one of the ugliest Ferraris of recent history?

Probably a wrecked beautiful Ferrari.

wspohn
wspohn HalfDork
12/7/14 8:54 a.m.
Basil Exposition wrote: Probably a wrecked beautiful Ferrari.

I'll bet that's right.

Too bad they screwed it up so badly. There are kit cars out there with better looks/proportions than that one - the mentioned Corvette Daytona, the brilliant Datsun based (old) 250 GTO, and even my Jamaican body.

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/7/14 10:38 p.m.

About the only thing I can say is that this abomination gets one thing right: it has Ferrari power. I have never understood the appeal of a modern (let's call it 328/Testarossa and newer) Ferrari kit car that had whatever sort of powerplant (Chevy V-6, Chevy V-8) because it seemed like the worst of all worlds; questionable modern Ferrari styling with a totally pedestrian powerplant. Why would you want to drive something that sort-of looks like an ugly Ferrari without any of the real reason to buy the genuine article (the awesome Ferrari engine?)

As ugly as it looks, I would rather have this thing than a Fiero-based kit car. That said, I would also rather have any one of the numerous classic Ferraris that can still be bought for the same amount of money; good looks with Ferrari power and vintage appeal!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lqo6tIP2bRsXW5TEkso1qwTUpQgW08rCvBrTcNw2DPFuxGlbSXDqDNziDjPwwFT6