1 2 3 4
turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/18/12 4:54 p.m.
Raze wrote: I'd buy it, but then again I have a rusty spot that was an old Italian car

FTFY

Besides that isn't a Ferrari. It is a Dino ;)

The steel all came from the same place as the other Italian cars of the time (since I believe Ferrari was at least partially owned by Fiat by then)

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/18/12 4:58 p.m.
ditchdigger wrote: Handsome cars these

I don't think I really cared 'til I saw this photo, at this angle...

Damn. That's a good looking car.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam UltraDork
9/18/12 5:04 p.m.

How do you say "engine donor" in your language? Because I say it like "trashed Ferrari but with a brand-new engine." Even if it's the tiny V6 it would still sound effing cool in a modern roadster, or something totally nuts like an econobox.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/12 5:04 p.m.

If you see them amongst Pininfarina boded Ferraris, they stand out as being unattractive. But on their own, they're pretty amazing.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/12 5:11 p.m.

Except for the tail lights. The tail lights suck.

Photobucket

Even the Ferrari club makes them park in puddles.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger SuperDork
9/18/12 6:38 p.m.
turboswede wrote: FTFY Besides that isn't a Ferrari. It is a Dino ;)

Nope. It is a 1978 model. The lost the Dino badging and gained the prancing horse in '76. It is as Ferrari as it gets.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/12 6:51 p.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: How do you say "engine donor" in your language? Because I say it like "trashed Ferrari but with a brand-new engine." Even if it's the tiny V6 it would still sound effing cool in a modern roadster, or something totally nuts like an econobox.

308 is a V8.. that was back when you could tell the number of cylinders and displacement by the model name. 308 means 3.0 V8

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
9/18/12 7:52 p.m.

Okay, so if you guys all chip in to buy the engine and rebuild it I absolutely swear I will transplant it into this little brown Datsun 210 wagon I have access to.....

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/18/12 8:11 p.m.

I wonder how hard it would be to make it look like a poorly proportioned Fiero?

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/18/12 11:00 p.m.
Wally wrote: I wonder how hard it would be to make it look like a poorly proportioned Fiero?

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/3274490485.html

Don't tempt them!

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/19/12 5:56 a.m.

Wow, I actually like that. ^^^

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/19/12 7:22 a.m.

Hmmm. Think I'd buy an Esprit of that vintage instead.

No, it doesn't have a prancing horse but the average schmoe can hope to keep it rolling and still leave something to the kids.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/19/12 7:39 a.m.

If I bought that I would sell the engine, transmission, and any decent parts from the interior and electrical parts. Then rewire, do a very simple interior and LSx.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson SuperDork
9/19/12 7:45 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Hmmm. Think I'd buy an Esprit of that vintage instead. No, it doesn't have a prancing horse but the average schmoe can hope to keep it rolling and still leave something to the kids.

IT's funny, when new I thought the Giugiaro Esprit looked akward, it's aged perfectly and now I love it.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/12 8:58 a.m.

Giugaro and Bertone are the masters of the straight edge when it comes to designing cars (this is not a bad thing)

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
9/26/12 11:19 a.m.

Well, boss went and bought it. He said it is A LOT worse than the pictures represented. He is bringing it up to the shop here in the next couple of days. Will snap some pics of it.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/26/12 11:47 a.m.

Are you going to snag the wheels for your 242?

DukeOfUndersteer
9/26/12 12:02 p.m.

In reply to EvanB:

Would like to get a set of those or early 308GTS/GTB wheel. Would look more correct than any 512TR or 355 wheel on there.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/26/12 12:25 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Well, boss went and bought it. He said it is A LOT worse than the pictures represented. He is bringing it up to the shop here in the next couple of days. Will snap some pics of it.

Hey, if it's not too much to ask and the car is going to be parted out anyway... Could you boss send me one of the Ferrari emblems?

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi HalfDork
9/26/12 5:28 p.m.

What do those seat cores sell for? I've never looked at them but the article in Hemmings sport and exotic reminded me that is a comfortable looking seat.

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
9/26/12 5:44 p.m.

so the listing is gone. Who here bought it?

Raze
Raze SuperDork
9/26/12 6:38 p.m.
irish44j wrote: so the listing is gone. Who here bought it?

Duke's Boss...

DukeOfUndersteer
10/9/12 9:01 a.m.

Well, it's here:

It really is rough at best. The whole underside is rust, motor is locked up, interior is bad.

cutter67
cutter67 New Reader
10/9/12 10:11 a.m.

how could someone let that happen

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
10/9/12 10:42 a.m.

That is really bad.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ntfgQQWLh7Ip8Xhns4qmzwaNPJsG8yG97Eed8AhyIHmMlylUYackLqhH9xF48d97